[FiiO FA1] Single Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors, Knowles Customized BA Driver, DLP 3D Printing Technology,Detachable MMCX Cable
Feb 6, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #91 of 398
How does the FA1 compares against F9 Pro?

I own a pair of F9 Pros and to be honest they're not the most comfortable IEMs I've ever tried. Also I usually find myself EQing out bass a bit, as well as upping the mid/high just a little.

I wonder if the FA1 are a logical upgrade in terms of comparable soundstage, clarity, details and so on (considering the lower price too).

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #92 of 398
They are as pretty IRL as they are in pics. :couple_with_heart:
FiiO FA1.jpg

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #97 of 398
New Arrival: FiiO FA1 Single Balanced Armature IEMs is Now Available! (FA1 Giveaway link included)
The worldwide delivery of the FA1 has started today, you can check the post to get the updates: https://bit.ly/2RP0HQn! If you are interested, check with local sales agent at: https://bit.ly/2OBzJpn for its availability or or kindly buy it at our Aliexpress store if it's not available in your local market at: https://bit.ly/2S1LxGY

Why the hell Aliexpress Fiio store don't send to Brazil? I want mine :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #98 of 398
Just got my FA1s today and did a quick comparison with my FA7s. Mind you, I only spent 10 min with them and they are not broken in at all.

My initial impression of the FA1s are they have very nice highs, but lack the kick in the bass, whereas the FA7s have good bass kick, but have a bit of masking on the mid and upper frequencies. Recording quality played a role...as always.

Problem can be solve by FiiO developing an earphone in the middle of these two! :)

Will get more time this weekend to do some serious listening.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #100 of 398
:jecklinsmile:
Problem can be solve by FiiO developing an earphone in the middle of these two! :)

FH5!:ksc75smile:

Just unfortunately these have a small soundstage...

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #101 of 398
I like what I'm reading here about its sound signature, just the differences I wanted to hear. A more balanced sound, with lighter, tighter and faster bass response than the FH5, nice and smooth mids & highs with the vocals no as forward as the FH5.

I have the HD600 and I'm very accustomed to its sound signature; a very neutral sound with a lack of sub-bass or bass in general but it is tight listening, especially with genres like Jazz, blues, acoustic and classic; I do prefer them over the more extended, punchier, deeper FH5 bass response in those genres, though I would rather choose FH5 with genres like Hip-Hop, Electronic, modern POP. {no that good with HD600}. So, I do not mind having less "kick in the bass" with the FA1.

I will finally have them in around 12 hours.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #102 of 398
I like what I'm reading here about its sound signature, just the differences I wanted to hear. A more balanced sound, with lighter, tighter and faster bass response than the FH5, nice and smooth mids & highs with the vocals no as forward as the FH5.

I have the HD600 and I'm very accustomed to its sound signature; a very neutral sound with a lack of sub-bass or bass in general but it is tight listening, especially with genres like Jazz, blues, acoustic and classic; I do prefer them over the more extended, punchier, deeper FH5 bass response in those genres, though I would rather choose FH5 with genres like Hip-Hop, Electronic, modern POP. {no that good with HD600}. So, I do not mind having less "kick in the bass" with the FA1.

I will finally have them in around 12 hours.
I think you will like the fa1 for the reasons you stated; please let us know your opinion after listening.

I like the fa1 for when connected to iphone se directly or with fiio btr1k; for a better amp/dac (I use fiio q5) the fa1 cannot compete with either fa7 or fh5 for my more serious listening to music.

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #103 of 398
I just got the FA1 and started to listen through the M5S. Sampled a bunch of genres. Settling on Miles Davis right now. Kinda Blue is superb. Noticing a little lack of sub-bass but what's there is pretty tight and responsive. These are definitely detail oriented. I like what I hear so far. I will do a more detailed comparison with the IT01 and the TFZ Queen (all for the same cost). Queen and IT01 extend much more into mid and sub-bass territory. The FH5 has a different sound. More bass and difference staging and separation. Need to get my head around what I am hearing...more to come.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #104 of 398
upload_2019-2-7_20-13-43.png

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #105 of 398
I just got the FA1 and started to listen through the M5S. Sampled a bunch of genres. Settling on Miles Davis right now. Kinda Blue is superb. Noticing a little lack of sub-bass but what's there is pretty tight and responsive. These are definitely detail oriented. I like what I hear so far. I will do a more detailed comparison with the IT01 and the TFZ Queen (all for the same cost). Queen and IT01 extend much more into mid and sub-bass territory. The FH5 has a different sound. More bass and difference staging and separation. Need to get my head around what I am hearing...more to come.
The fa1 is very good with less compressed recorded music and Miles Davis's Kind of Blue is a good example.

For those who have access to the New York Times today, Greg Miller has an op-ed on recorded music today as compared to past recordings;it is well worth seeking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back