Fiio FA1 and FH1s comparison
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

diggygun

100+ Head-Fier
I’m looking to get my first pair of IEMs. After a good deal of viewing, searching and reviewing the comments on here, I’m drawn towards the Fiio models.

Initially, I liked the description and look of the FA1 model. Now I’ve seen the FH1s which also has good write ups.

For a newbie in this area, I’m trying to understand what the differences are and what would be the best one to start with:
- The FA1 has a single balanced armature (one driver) and MMCX connections @ 15ohms
- The FH1s has two drivers and 0.78mm Double Pin connections @ 26ohms and Hi-Res Certified

Is there a big difference having two drivers over one driver
What is considered to be the better connector
Why have they changed from MMCX to Double Pin
What is Hi-Res certified
They will be used on an iPhone and at home on a headphone amp

Many thanks in advance and looking forward to the responses

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 8
I own both the FA1 and the FH1s. I might be able to help you. First, what type of music do you listen to mostly? Do you have problems with pressure on your eardrums when you use IEMs?

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 8
I own both the FA1 and the FH1s. I might be able to help you. First, what type of music do you listen to mostly? Do you have problems with pressure on your eardrums when you use IEMs?

Hi H T T
Music taste is primarily Jazz with a smattering of Blues, Rock, Punk and 80s.

No problems on my eardrums as far as I’m aware. Never used IEMs before, but had no problems with noise reducing earphones previously.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Here are links to my thoughts from another thread, including a comparison betwe the FA1 and FH1s:

My initial impressions of the FA1 are quite favorable. This is one excellent performing bargain that excels with the singer/songwriter genre.

After more time with the FA1, 80s pop is stellar.

Classic metal is another strong genre for the FA1.

I have both the FA1 and FH1s. Neither sounds u-shaped. The FA1 is kinda mid-centric, but balanced. Middling soundstage, depth and width. Excellent layering and separation, especially when price is considered. I recommend you upgrade the cable down the road. The FA1 deserves it. Responds well to EQ.
The FH1s is a fun, carefree little gem. It excels with pop/EDM. A small v-type presentation, but mids are just slightly back. Has competent separation and layering, but not close to the FA1. I love the feel of the FH1s’ cable.
I am quite impressed with what FiiO can do for under $100.

I hope that helps. Two other items, the FA1’s physical body is much higher quality than the FH1s’. On the other hand, the FH1s has a more comfortable stock cable than the FA1.

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Here are links to my thoughts from another thread, including a comparison betwe the FA1 and FH1s:

I hope that helps. Two other items, the FA1’s physical body is much higher quality than the FH1s’. On the other hand, the FH1s has a more comfortable stock cable than the FA1.

Hi H T T

After further reviews, I ended up choosing the FH1s, which was delivered today. I must admit that I’m impressed with them for my first pair of IEMs.

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 8
I am glad it worked out well for you. :)

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #8 of 8
You are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back