FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Oct 16, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #736 of 1,544
Hi James,

Are the new batches with the adjustments currently being sold on your official aliexpress store or some time later in the future?
Since Selenium already has received the improved version, I'd assume it's already being sold.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #737 of 1,544
Just released my review of the F9 on The Headphone List and Everday Listening, I've taken a slightly more critical approach but I do still enjoy the earphones and find them to be a nice performer for the price. The build and design are excellent and they look even better in person than in the photos! The tuning is a bit subjective, the treble isn't my main issue but the midrange which I suppose could be a byproduct or culmination of other factors. Still, the F9 is very technically impressive which means it'll be a prime target for eQ after which it can be quite excellent. It's also a pretty tip sensitive earphone, Brooko definitely has the right idea with foams.

I should note that I referenced some other reviews in my article and would like to express that I have endless respect for other's opinions, but I wanted to provide the most objective evaluation possible since all of my comments are both subjective and relative. Regardless, I hope you guys find the review insightful, I've added all the budget iem comparisons anyone could hope for, I'm starting to think it's my speciality! Thanks for your time, Ryan.

dsc04455.jpg

dsc04449.jpg

dsc056301.jpg

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #738 of 1,544
Hi James,

Are the new batches with the adjustments currently being sold on your official aliexpress store or some time later in the future?

sure it will .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 16, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #740 of 1,544
Just released my review of the F9 on The Headphone List and Everday Listening, I've taken a slightly more critical approach but I do still enjoy the earphones and find them to be a nice performer for the price. The build and design are excellent and they look even better in person than in the photos! The tuning is a bit subjective, the treble isn't my main issue but the midrange which I suppose could be a byproduct or culmination of other factors. Still, the F9 is very technically impressive which means it'll be a prime target for eQ after which it can be quite excellent. It's also a pretty tip sensitive earphone, Brooko definitely has the right idea with foams.

I should note that I referenced some other reviews in my article and would like to express that I have endless respect for other's opinions, but I wanted to provide the most objective evaluation possible since all of my comments are both subjective and relative. Regardless, I hope you guys find the review insightful, I've added all the budget iem comparisons anyone could hope for, I'm starting to think it's my speciality! Thanks for your time, Ryan.

dsc04455.jpg

dsc04449.jpg

dsc056301.jpg
What iems in your opinions are a better buy at 100 dollar?

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #742 of 1,544
What iems in your opinions are a better buy at 100 dollar?

It's all subjective, but there are a lot of options out there. See the comparison section in my review, I provided pretty detailed comments in direct reference to my 5 top picks around $100. Some notable mentions are the Rose Mini 2 if you're looking for a more balanced sound, Kinera H3 if you want a more V-shaped sound, Simgot EN700 Bass for a more natural, organic tone and the Pinnacle P2 which is very similar to the F9 but more balanced throughout. My personal pick is the Rose, but it will likely be too lean and laid-back for a lot of listeners. I have full reviews for all of the aforementioned models up on the site in addition to other models that didn't make the comparison.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #743 of 1,544
It's all subjective, but there are a lot of options out there. See the comparison section in my review, I provided pretty detailed comments in direct reference to my 5 top picks around $100. Some notable mentions are the Rose Mini 2 if you're looking for a more balanced sound, Kinera H3 if you want a more V-shaped sound, Simgot EN700 Bass for a more natural, organic tone and the Pinnacle P2 which is very similar to the F9 but more balanced throughout. My personal pick is the Rose, but it will likely be too lean and laid-back for a lot of listeners. I have full reviews for all of the aforementioned models up on the site in addition to other models that didn't make the comparison.
Thanks a lot. I am already checking your site as I write this. Your reviews are among the most detailed ones that I have ever read. Kudos man. I haven't ever spent more than 30usd on an in ear. This is my first purchase at the 100 dollar mark.

One more thing. I have narrowed it down between magaosi k3 hd and fiio f9. Which one should I go for considering I like a balanced , detailed and natural sound with good thump and rumble in the low end.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #744 of 1,544
Thanks a lot. I am already checking your site as I write this. Your reviews are among the most detailed ones that I have ever read. Kudos man. I haven't ever spent more than 30usd on an in ear. This is my first purchase at the 100 dollar mark.

One more thing. I have narrowed it down between magaosi k3 hd and fiio f9. Which one should I go for considering I like a balanced , detailed and natural sound with good thump and rumble in the low end.

I haven't gotten my ZS6 yet. Have you looked into the BGVP DM5 at all?

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #745 of 1,544
I haven't gotten my ZS6 yet. Have you looked into the BGVP DM5 at all?
I will be using the iems on a xiaomi mi5. Considering the statements of fellow headfiers saying BGVP DM5 is very source sensitive and sound better when amped, I have crossed it from my list. Apparently it is also a little lacking in the lower end according to some.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #746 of 1,544

Ryan - you may not be aware - but Sunny is "she" not "he".

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #747 of 1,544
Ryan - you may not be aware - but Sunny is "she" not "he".

Thanks so much for pointing that out Brooko, and Sunny I am so sorry! I'll fix that up now!

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #748 of 1,544
@FiiO I have just taken off my balanced cable for the first time to see how difficult they are to remove and I have to say I am really concerned that the cable could be damaged by this.

How strong is the shroud / termination of the cable?

Could pulling the cable break the termination? It certainly feels as if it could.

I have the original cables, neither of them have the collars (spacers) shown in yours photos.

My IEMs spin around freely on the cables, are they supposed to do this?

upload_2017-10-16_12-34-12.jpeg

upload_2017-10-16_12-59-12.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #750 of 1,544
@FiiO I have just taken off my balanced cable for the first time to see how difficult they are to remove and I have to say I am really concerned that the cable could be damaged by this.

How strong is the shroud / termination of the cable?

Could pulling the cable break the termination? It certainly feels as if it could.

I have the original cables, neither of them have the collars (spacers) shown in yours photos.

My IEMs spin around freely on the cables, are they supposed to do this?

+1
it is concerning me too. Had to prise my nails into that 1mm gap to get them apart. Hope they are as strong as they need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back