FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,366 of 1,544
hello friend, I am in doubt between Fiio F9 PRO and Fiio FH1. In the case of POP music like Demi Lovato, Rita Ora, Dua Lipa, which one would suit the best or would both perform well this style? Many thanks for the answers.

Both should be good, but from all FiiO IEMs, I think I ;like F9Pro the best :)

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #1,368 of 1,544
Do you find the bass is less with the Pro compared to the standard F9?

To my knowledge they have the exact same dynamic driver inside, and that one is taking care of the bass. IT is a bit different in the sense that it might have a slightly different tuning, but it would be a minor difference, I kinda find the bass similar :)

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,371 of 1,544
I totally agree with you about both the treble and the foam tips being a life saver. The only thing I would add is, using the other tips, I was able to avoid the worst of the treble by making absolutely sure they were placed as deeply and firmly into my ears as possible. If there was any kind of gap in the seating, the treble was still a nightmare. But when I'd get it right, they sound pretty amazing. That said, the foam tips make it so much easier to deal with the issue that I haven't tried since switching to them.

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #1,372 of 1,544
Seal isn't an issue for me, oddly enough. I dunno what it is about my ears, but I have literally never had a set of IEMs that I couldn't get an easy and deep seal with. The closest I ever came to a struggle with was the IT03 just because their housing means they sit differently than most, but the F9P was a breeze.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #1,376 of 1,544
I tried the foams today and couldn't get any bass. The three types of silicone tips were all distinguishable with their own sonic signatures, but the foams sounded terrible.

You sure you put them in deep enough? Foams, if anything, should amplify the bass and tame the treble.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #1,378 of 1,544
Darren, Foams should indeed increase the bass and tame the treble.

As for the comfort, I am a bit unsure how could those be a bad fit for anyone, I mean, they are so super comfortable for my ears that it happens to me to wear them only for their comfort sometimes :) (like when gaming or doing light activities)

Mar 12, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #1,379 of 1,544
I've made a mistake with foams before I learned how to insert them correctly: It's not only about getting a seal. Depending on how much foam is in front of the InEar tubes's end, it can happen that you "stuff" too much of the foam into your ear canal when inserting the tips, with the result that there's only a tiny opening left for the sound to pass into your ear.

So yeah, when you hear less bass and more treble with foams, that doesn't necessarily mean you have a don't have a good seal, but you also could have inserted them not correctly or they simply don't fit (too big probably, because of too much foam before the tube begins).

That you describe the fit as uncomfortable as well, adds to my theory. When you have the right kind and size of foams for your ear, there is basically no way that they're uncomfortable and sound bad. For me, it was always too much hassle inserting them into my ears before I got a really good fit that I didn't have to correct every other song. Double flange silicone tips are the way to go IMO - same thing, though: You have to find the right kind, matching your ears and your InEars.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #1,380 of 1,544
^ This is why Comply tells people to press on the front of the tip first, actually. If it's too big but you cram the whole thing in there, then the thing can't expand fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back