FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Dec 19, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #1,231 of 1,544
I can't find dedicated F9 Pro thread, so I'll post my video here :) It contains comparison with F9, so it's not offtopic :)

Great and detailed review as always.I enjoy watching your reviews although i have a small problem hearing some of the words due to your heavy accent. Well done buddy!

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #1,233 of 1,544
I can't find dedicated F9 Pro thread, so I'll post my video here :) It contains comparison with F9, so it's not offtopic :)

Excellent review once again, cleg. Long and very detailed, I loved the comparisons which really helps find your set of IEMs.

I didn't have any issues understanding any words, perhaps I got used to your accent which I really love!!!!!:)

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,236 of 1,544
I am fairly sure that a lot of you are wondering how F9Pro feels like.

It is a totally improved version of F9, they have way more detail, clarity, resolution and just too much of an awesome sound. You know that I already thought F9 was one of the best 100$ IEMs? Well, F9Pro is even better!

I know that right now they don't fight with 100$ IEMs anymore and they are more around 150$, but really, F9Pro just cannot sound this awesome! The resolution is freaking insane for their price!

As for the peak, I really don't mind it - the treble is on the smoother side of things, a thick and deep bass, a sweet and not recessed midrange, and a slightly elevated treble. An absolutely lovely IEM!

More impressions to come!

Also, more accessories in the box! A new carry box!

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,238 of 1,544
I am fairly sure that a lot of you are wondering how F9Pro feels like.

It is a totally improved version of F9, they have way more detail, clarity, resolution and just too much of an awesome sound. You know that I already thought F9 was one of the best 100$ IEMs? Well, F9Pro is even better!

I know that right now they don't fight with 100$ IEMs anymore and they are more around 150$, but really, F9Pro just cannot sound this awesome! The resolution is freaking insane for their price!

As for the peak, I really don't mind it - the treble is on the smoother side of things, a thick and deep bass, a sweet and not recessed midrange, and a slightly elevated treble. An absolutely lovely IEM!

More impressions to come!

Also, more accessories in the box! A new carry box!

It's good hear that you are really enjoying the Pros more, George. I have been waiting for it to be available here in India!!!!!

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #1,239 of 1,544
It's good hear that you are really enjoying the Pros more, George. I have been waiting for it to be available here in India!!!!!

F9Pro and IT01 are both killer deals at their sound and price points, totally enjoying both! :darthsmile:

What is most amazing about F9 pro is that it is not that different in tuning from the F9, which I already liked, but it has much better instrument definition, instrument separation, and resolution / revealing abilities!

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #1,240 of 1,544

It is showing to be sold out then coming soon in official fiio india site since last 1 week. But the priceing of it kinda made me sad.. I'm more like waiting for new FH1 to launch here:triportsad:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #1,241 of 1,544
One last mini review. Have decided I like the pink/grey tips the best. Sort of. I really like the foam tips. But the last time I had them on, when I took the iems out of my ears, one tip remained in my ear. So, not really feeling that at all. Trying them again tonight on my amp, and I still have to say the treble is borderline too much for me. I honestly love everything else about the sound quality. So I'll just nudge my eq down a hair when I listen to them at home, which realistically won't be often. Have too many over ears to need these here. Do really like them just being driven by either my phone or dap. The balance and separation are both beautiful. Listening to some older, mid 70s recordings now. And man, the pros really handle it well. Only other issue is I still can't put the things on without feeling like I'm looking the fool. Am NOT getting used to the over ear wiring at all. Think it's an old dog with a new trick problem. Not a product problem. I just need to get over it. :L3000:

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #1,242 of 1,544
It is showing to be sold out then coming soon in official fiio india site since last 1 week. But the priceing of it kinda made me sad.. I'm more like waiting for new FH1 to launch here:triportsad:

Yes, the pricing for F9 Pro in India ($170) is higher compared to US ($140), the same for F9 and X7 II ($780). FiiO should have better control on the pricing rather than just letting the retailers decide the price.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #1,243 of 1,544
Anybody else have a problem with there pro’s cables. Mine the left doesn’t come disconnected but it does cut out and I have to unplug and plug it back in.
Dear friend,

Can replug help with it? Would the issue remains in left unit when switching the left unit to right channel of the cable?
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 21, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,244 of 1,544
Oh my God!

I have just taken delivery of my F9 Pros and straight out of the box I am in Musical Heaven. Whether there is a little placebo from me expecting them to sound better than the standard F9s, I do not care as the sound is amazing.

My 320KBPS MP3s sound great and my Flacs are amazing, the live version Hotel California (my favourite version) from Hell Freezes Over is unbelievable.

I do not care how good £1000+ studio IEMs are claimed to be, for me I have found musical heaven with the FiiO X5III and FiiO F9 PRO.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,245 of 1,544
Dear friend,

Can replug help with it? Would the issue remains in left unit when switching the left unit to right channel of the cable?
Best regards

Yes when I unplug and plug it back in then it works fine. I haven’t tried the switching yet. I’m still under my 30 days for amazon so I might just send them back and order a new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back