FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Dec 7, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #1,159 of 1,544
Isn't it more interesting to find out the difference between balanced and single ended using an 2.5 mm trrs female to 3.5 mm trs male adapter?
And I would limit the number of times the F9 or F9 pro gets detached from the cable just as a precaution.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #1,160 of 1,544
@FiiO: What is the difference between the original sym cable - who comes with F9 pro - and the RC-MMCXB? Thanks for your information
Hi,
You may have a comparasion as followed:
MMCXB:
upload_2017-12-8_17-46-39.png

MMCX2B:
upload_2017-12-8_17-45-54.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #1,162 of 1,544
Hi,
You may have a comparasion as followed:
MMCXB:

MMCX2B:

Best regards

This is first time that I have heard of the MMCX2B and I can only find reference to it on Indian sites.

So, are you now selling the MMCX2B (the orginal balanced cable from the updated F9) as a replacement part?

If so, when will it be coming to Europe and the UK, and how much will it cost?

Thanks.

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,163 of 1,544
This is first time that I have heard of the MMCX2B and I can only find reference to it on Indian sites.

So, are you now selling the MMCX2B (the orginal balanced cable from the updated F9) as a replacement part?

If so, when will it be coming to Europe and the UK, and how much will it cost?

Thanks.
Yes I will selling the original balanced Cable if Fiio F9 pro and the Fiio mmcxb arieved. I think in 10-15 days. If you want buy the cable please make your offer via pm. Thanks and best wishes to UK

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #1,164 of 1,544
I’ve never heard of the MMCX2B cable before. The RC-MMCXB cable that I got from Fiio is better than the balanced one that came with the F9 Pro. I hear better clarity and better refined bass as well as much better separation. I did AB testing with both cables on same source and track. I can recommend it highly.

Edit : ok I have just verified that the MMXC2B is the exact same balanced cable that comes with the F9/Pro/FH1 and MMCX2 is the single ended cable that comes with them. So the MMCXB cable is the better upgraded one.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #1,165 of 1,544
I’ve never heard of the MMCX2B cable before. The RC-MMCXB cable that I got from Fiio is better than the balanced one that came with the F9 Pro. I hear better clarity and better refined bass as well as much better separation. I did AB testing with both cables on same source and track. I can recommend it highly.

Edit : ok I have just verified that the MMXC2B is the exact same balanced cable that comes with the F9/Pro/FH1 and MMCX2 is the single ended cable that comes with them. So the MMCXB cable is the better upgraded one.

Thankfully, my F9 is okay, but I have the original version of the F9 that will not fit most replacement cables, so it is good to see that Fiio is now selling the original cables as well as the upgrades.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #1,166 of 1,544
Dec 8, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,168 of 1,544
Wow, just wanted to say thanks to aceedburn, Brooko, and Hawaiibadboy for all of the info over the last week. Very informative and helpful as i have been curious of Pro's and how they compared against the original F9's.

Man, as much as it hurts that i bought the F9's right before the Pro release, i think i'm going to hold off on the temptation to upgrade...

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #1,169 of 1,544
Eugh, that treble spike is still there. I was hoping they had toned it down a bit. As it currently stands, I can't listen to my F9's without removing the spike through EQ. Oh well, i've cancelled my F9 Pro order - will read around a bit.
For that reason I'm thinking FH1, but still zero reviews so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back