FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Mar 22, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,396 of 1,544
Hi,
I'm looking for my first "audiophile" IEM, and after reading a lot of reviewed, I wanted to go with the Dunu Titan 3, which seems to have a wonderful mid-range.
This morning, before validating my basket, I saw the Fiio F9 Pro and the Massdrop x MEE Audio Pinnacle PX
The price is not the same (160€ for the Fiio, 150€ for the PX and 92€ for the Titan 3), but it' in my budget.

The F9 seems more isolating, have a standard mmcx connector and reviews are dithyrambic !
So is the PX.

But there is no way for me to test them before buying, so I'd like your advice.
My playlist is mainly composed of male/female voices singer, accoustic and classic rock, classical music, musicals, and some jazz and ethnic instrumental music (Hadouk Trio, Ondezoka, ..)
No electro, no metal, no Hip-hop, very few reggae..

So I guess a mid-range killer IEM will suit me well
I don't looking for a "surgical" sound, but a muscial one, with long listening capabilities without being tiring.

What do you think?
F9 pro ? pinacle PX or Titan 3?
Thanks

Why go "Pro" when F9 (non-Pro) are less expensive & also sound great?

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,399 of 1,544
We´re seeing a boom in this segment

the 1More quad,
The Brainwavz B400
The Fiio F9 pro
The new Creatiev Aurvana tio.

Its getting really interesting in the 150 to 200 segment.

Mar 23, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #1,400 of 1,544
We´re seeing a boom in this segment

the 1More quad,
The Brainwavz B400
The Fiio F9 pro
The new Creatiev Aurvana tio.

Its getting really interesting in the 150 to 200 segment.
Now all we need is for someone to do a comparison review with all of them. I have the F9 Pro's and thought they competed with my IE800's in sound. I'm interested to in a 1More Quad and F9 Pro comparison.

Mar 24, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,403 of 1,544
I just got the B400 at CanJam Singapore for event price of USD150 today. Before this I had the F9, which I sold away after I got the FH1 and now thinking of selling the FH1 as well.

After reading quite a bit on the B400, I decided to audition it and after a few tracks on my X5iii, I am sold. the B400 uses 4 Knowles BA and the sound is very much fuller than F9 & FH1. Though its all BA, the bass is certainly not much lacking than the F9 & FH1. I think the transparency and sound stage is somewhere between the F9 & FH1, closer to the F9.

as I listen to mostly pop vocal music, I find the B400 to be the best suited out of all the IEMs that I once owned, SE215, ATH-IM02, it03, F9 & FH1. to me, it just have the right balance of details, soundstage, transparency (though I wished if it can be a bit more transparent), musicality, comfort and most importantly price, as my pockets are not deep enough for the Campfires, AKs...etc. thus, I also cannot compare them to anything that cost more than USD 250.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #1,407 of 1,544
If I want to use the balanced cable with my phone, can I use a off the shelf 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter? Is there any thing I should take note of .
Dear friend,

If your phone doesn't have the balanced output port, you could not receive the balanced effect even when using the 2.5mm cable. You should pay attention that the adapter should have the same definition like the balanced port. Like the L26 could help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #1,408 of 1,544
Now all we need is for someone to do a comparison review with all of them. I have the F9 Pro's and thought they competed with my IE800's in sound. I'm interested to in a 1More Quad and F9 Pro comparison.

I compared them to the 1More Quad, Mee P1, and iBasso IT03. Review's up on the product page.

The tl;dr is that they hang with them, but don't really win against anything but the Quad depending on your opinion of treble.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #1,409 of 1,544
I compared them to the 1More Quad, Mee P1, and iBasso IT03. Review's up on the product page.

The tl;dr is that they hang with them, but don't really win against anything but the Quad depending on your opinion of treble.
You have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back