FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Aug 5, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #91 of 1,544
Chris - are you getting a lower treble peak around 7-8 kHz? Not quite a monster like the RE800, but a little bit of an enhancement with cymbals especially?

Hey bro,

I have been using ex1000 (DD) or U12 (BA) pretty much exclusively so hybrid is gonna take my brain a bit to get used to. The treble is not rolled off...that is for sure. The fit is fantastic and balanced. Sounds great. love the cable. Same as comes stock with very expensive stuff.
Reminds me of the A83 first impression sound wise. sparkle,airyness

Aug 5, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #92 of 1,544
Going to measure them shortly to check and see if I'm just hearing things.

So far .......
  • Bass is good. Guessing a bit of a mid-bass hump (which to me is a good thing). Decent sub-bass, but slight roll off below 50 kHz (nothing too major). Sounds quite natural.
  • Lower mid-range sounds just a little recessed with male vocals. Not majorly - call it a mild V maybe
  • Really nice transition from lower to upper mids, and I'd guess it'll be a nice first peak in the 2-3 kHz region. Female vocals are really good - nice sense of euphony
  • Lower treble quite smooth and extended. I'm betting there is a peak around 7-8 kHz because cymbals are standing out quite a bit. Its not too hot though - either that or the bass is balancing it out.
  • Overall a pretty good signature. Just slightly on the lean / cool side of things. And I'm pretty sure there is a peak in the lower treble.

Build is very good. Surprises me how well FiiO has been able to put together an ergonomic build. Supremely comfortable - really nice shape.

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #93 of 1,544
Doesn't look like I was too far out - first graph is the default freq response and channel matching on my pair:

fiio f9 freq chan.png

Usual disclaimer ....

The graphs are generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget.

I do not claim that the measurements are in any way more accurate than anyone else's, but they have been proven to be consistent and I think they should be enough to give a reasonable idea of response - especially if you've followed any of my other reviews. When measuring I always use crystal foam tips (so medium bore opening) - and the reason I use them is for very consistent seal and placement depth in the coupler. I use the same amp (E11K) for all my measurements - and output is under 1 ohm.

Now here is how it looks compared to HiFiMan's $700 RE-800

f8 vs re800 1.png

Whats helping the peak is the combination of slightly lower amplitude plus the extra bass on the F9. Have to admit its bigger on the graph than I expected though .....

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #94 of 1,544
Doesn't look like I was too far out - first graph is the default freq response and channel matching on my pair:

Usual disclaimer ....

The graphs are generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget.

I do not claim that the measurements are in any way more accurate than anyone else's, but they have been proven to be consistent and I think they should be enough to give a reasonable idea of response - especially if you've followed any of my other reviews. When measuring I always use crystal foam tips (so medium bore opening) - and the reason I use them is for very consistent seal and placement depth in the coupler. I use the same amp (E11K) for all my measurements - and output is under 1 ohm.

Whats helping the peak is the combination of slightly lower amplitude plus the extra bass on the F9. Have to admit its bigger on the graph than I expected though .....

Niiice, now I'm really excited to hear F9! :darthsmile:

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #95 of 1,544

Usual disclaimer ....

You sounded pretty on with your impressions.
This is FiiO hitting it's stride. no more Dunu rebrands. I was never a fan cuz of weight though the F5 is nice. The F9 fits my ear like a glove and blocks out all outside noise. My aircon is on blast and even before the music started the fit of these just blocked it all out.

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #98 of 1,544
Hey bro,

I have been using ex1000 (DD) or U12 (BA) pretty much exclusively so hybrid is gonna take my brain a bit to get used to. The treble is not rolled off...that is for sure. The fit is fantastic and balanced. Sounds great. love the cable. Same as comes stock with very expensive stuff.
Reminds me of the A83 first impression sound wise. sparkle,airyness
I would be extremely happy if these are similar to the A83, I loved them but had to return both pair due to QC issues.

Aug 6, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #101 of 1,544
Waiting for mine to arrive in Germany (ordered on aliexpress displaying “sorted for shipping“ in Hong Kong).
Thumbs pressed... can't wait to hold it in my hands & ears!
Will let you know my first impressions as soon as I can

Aug 6, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #104 of 1,544
Oh man, I can't help but get excited for this one. I tried the F3 recently and I really love them. By far the best value budget IEM imo. It's amazing how good they are for $25. Subbed and impatiently waiting for F9s to get back in stock

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #105 of 1,544
Post review of F5 or F9 to win a 15USD Coupon!

F5: With detachable cable design, MMCX connector, Hi-Res Audio and MFi Certified, 1 3.5mm single-ended audio cable with in-line remote and 1 2.5mm balanced cable, the FiiO Aerospace titanium diaphragm in-ear monitors F5 is sold for only 64.99USD on Amazon.

F9: With 1 Dynamic Driver & 2 Balanced Armatures, detachable cable design, Hi-Res Audio certified, over-the-ear design, Black&Red color, the FiiO Triple driver hybrid in-ear monitors F9 is sold for only 99.99USD in US.

From now on, wherever you buy the F5/F9, you could win a AliExpress coupon which worths 15USD as long as you post review about F5/F9 on Facebook, Amazon or Head-Fi.

Requirements:
1. Share your review/using experience of F5 or F9 on: Facebook, Amazon or Head-Fi.
2. Contents: image and text review or simply text review will do(more than 60 words).
3. Email the review link and purchase invoice/record to market@fiio.net.
4. Time:from the day this activity is post to our further notice

Notes:
1. Applicable to users in all regions except for China.
2. We will email you the coupon after our review. The coupon will be applicable to purchase in our store on Aliexpress:https://fiio.aliexpress.com/store/1473108…
3.The coupon(15USD off when purchase up to 100USD) would be valid for a month after you receive the coupon email from us.
4. FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. reserves all rights to interpret and amend the rules of this activity as necessary.
TIM图片20170807152901.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back