FiiO E9 Review
Dec 1, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #286 of 1,324
I just read that the E9 lacks RCA inputs, I will still be able to connect it to my stereo amp, right? Not sure about inputs/outputs and such. 
o2smile.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #292 of 1,324
Dec 1, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #294 of 1,324
Does anyone use their E7/E9 with Beyer DT770/250's? I have been using them with my stereo receiver for over a year so I know they need more power. The only thing I am worried about is the things I have been reading about Beyers and SS amps when it comes to their piercing highs. I want an amp setup though because I want to listen to my cans in the bedroom properly instead of using the headphone out of my laptop. I have come up with three options:

1. Get the E7/E9 combo
  2. Get a Nuforce uDAC-2 and with the sale of my speakers get a Woo 3 which might take a while
  3. Any other suggestions

I also want to get some DT990/600 soon as well.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #295 of 1,324
Hi. I am currently using the Fiio E9 with a pair of dt880 600s and they are definitely being driven very well. I would not recommend powering a 600 ohm pair of headphones with the e7, though. It is noticeable that they are not being fully driven, but they still sound decent if you crank up the volume. I'm sure they would work fine for your 250 ohm dt770s though. You may find a pair of dt990 600 ohms to be slightly lacking, but I can't imagine any other portable amp doing a better job. If you do not own any kind of amp, already, I would definitely recommend this combo. I have not listened to any other amps in either of these price ranges, or greater, but they definitely improve my headphones tremendously. I use the e9 for my dt880s and the e7 for my iems and portable headphones. I do not have any problems with the transparency of the E9 and don't feel like the highs are over-accentuated. I hope this helps you.

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #296 of 1,324
I've always wanted an AKG K702, but always thought it would be nothing more then wishful thinking since properly amping them always scared me away.  However, the more I read about Fiio e9/e7 combo, the more I start thinking I can finally get myself one.  The price is just right, the package itself seems very versatile  and the form factor is a huge bonus since I heart the non cluttered simple compact look.  Anywho hope to hear more impressions and comparisons to other amps.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #297 of 1,324
Quote:
The only thing I am worried about is the things I have been reading about Beyers and SS amps when it comes to their piercing highs.

The E9 is completely neutral and transparent and will not change the sound of the DT 880 but improve it. Your DT 880's highs will be improved but they will not have any brightness or harshness added to them.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #298 of 1,324
Well I decided to stop looking at the shopping cart at micca store and just pull the trigger on the trigger on the E7/E9 combo for $200 shipped. Says I should have it by a week so I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Also the line in on the back of the amp is for an analog source right? Is there a switch on the unit to toggle between usb and line-in source or do I have to unplug whatever I am not using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back