FiiO E9 Review
Nov 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #181 of 1,324

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what us the USB input on the E9 for? I thought this was only an amp and not a DAC as well? Or can it run off of USB power?

For the E7. The E7 docks and functions as a DAC, but has to go through the E9's USB to be connected.

Oh that's cool! Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought the USB port on the E7 was used, didn't realize the E9 had it's own port.

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #182 of 1,324
Yeah, I tested that out by adding my Sansa Fuze via LOD to the Line In. Definitely takes priority over the USB.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #184 of 1,324
I think we're all referring to the E9 vs the M-Stage. The E7 can't possibly be compared against a desktop amp.

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #186 of 1,324
Considering they're both based off relative neutrality, I think we may be shocked at how well the stock E9 stacks up to a stock M-Stage.

Guys I think we should move our varying E9 discussions to the official thread, and keep this one as a discussion of the OP's review, as to not have a cluster of E9 threads, which will probably happen anyway.

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #187 of 1,324
Hi everyone!

Damn.. I just finished reading this whole thread! I'm definitely buying an E9 now, thanks to all of you!

Awesome support from FiiO and Micca.

I have the HD555/E7..looking to complete this combo with the E9.

I have one question, I live in Vancouver, BC (Canada) - Has anyone else in Canada purchased an E9, just wondering where you got yours from :)

Thanks for all the useful information everyone :)

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #191 of 1,324
i would get them from mp4nation.net right now if anyone needs one.  they have an awesome combo deal im not sure if it still stands but you get the e7 plus e9 for like 170 shipped.  the e9 itself is like 120 shipped.  i think those are both very good prices.  they even have combos with their iems.  the m2 plus e7 plus e9 is only 200 dollars.  if i hadnt ordered my m2's 2 weeks back for 45 alone, i would have gotten these, because that makes the m2's only like 20 dollars if i got that combo.  so if anyone needs nice iems or amps go to mp4nation.net out and check out their deals.

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #192 of 1,324

Quote:
i would get them from mp4nation.net right now if anyone needs one.  they have an awesome combo deal im not sure if it still stands but you get the e7 plus e9 for like 170 shipped.  the e9 itself is like 120 shipped.  i think those are both very good prices.  they even have combos with their iems.  the m2 plus e7 plus e9 is only 200 dollars.  if i hadnt ordered my m2's 2 weeks back for 45 alone, i would have gotten these, because that makes the m2's only like 20 dollars if i got that combo.  so if anyone needs nice iems or amps go to mp4nation.net out and check out their deals.

The deal isnt there anymore. It's around 190. Either way though even if it were 170, I would stay away from mp4nation. Too many horror stories about that company on this, and other websites. 6 week shipping, crappy customer service (after you purchase something) etcetc. Just a warning! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back