Fiio E7 or Nuforce Icon Mobile?
Aug 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

adoit90

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a ~$100 USB DAC/Amp and these two (the Fiio E7 and Nuforce Icon Mobile) have stood out to me.  Has anyone here listened to both devices that can tell me how they stack up against one another?  If anyone has any recommendations besides these two that would be greatly welcomed as well.  

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 6
I forgot to mention I'll be using whatever I buy with my JVC RX-700s and I plan on purchasing some AKG 701's and either some MeElectronics Ai-M6 or the Brainwavz M2 in the near future as well.  The 701's will be what I use mainly after purchasing them.  

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks mark, I'm excited to here your opinion when you finish testing.  

In my shuffling through old posts since my original post I've also found a used Total Bithead and the Vivid Technologies V1 sell for roughly the same price.  I've heard quite a few good opinions about the Total Bithead and a little about the V1.  Has anyone heard more or heard either of these two that can offer an opinion?  

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 6
ahh if you have a read of my review of the E7 i mention the Icon Mobile a bit.  they are both good, the icon has more finesse but is rather bright.  the E7 isnt so refined in the highs but is richer and fuller in the lower end.  it really depends on what you want to pair it with.  the Icon Mobile is good with warm bassy things the E7 is much better with light, brigher sounding stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back