FiiO E7 DAC/Amp w/ HFI-780?
Jul 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Daveman1820

New Head-Fier
Newcomer headphone enthusiast here...

Just ordered the FiiO E7 on Amazon.  Should be here less than a week prospectively.  Curious to know if anyone noticed a huge difference in sound quality from being "unamped"?

I'll be listening on my HFI-780s primarily from my HP Laptop and 6th Gen. 160 GB iPod Classic.  Any useful info would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 6
I am curious about this also. I am listening to the pro 900s out of my 6th gen hp laptop also, but certain songs are harsher out of my laptop than from my galaxy s phone, so I'm sure they could benefit from a dac.

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 6
The 780s are pretty efficient.  The E7 might not do much in conjunction with your ipod, but its got a good chance of being better than you laptop's onboard sound.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #4 of 6
These cans are very powerful from what I've experienced so far.  A friend of mine suggested the E7 if I felt these were underpowered.  I was bored and figured I'd try it out to see what they sound like.  So far I've been listening to all of my favorite music genres (dubstep, liquid dnb, hip hop) on the HP Laptop with the volume maxed out. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm very certain that you will hear a big difference in comparison to your laptop's sound card. Especially if you are already maxing out the volume. Either you like your music extremely loud or the headphones aren't even close to being properly driven 
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 6
This amp sure does some work!...tried it out last night and I'm very pleased.  In agreement with Maverickronin's post, I noticed a slight difference when plugged into the iPod, and as well a huge difference when plugged into my HP laptop.  Very compact and isn't too much of a hassle to carry around.  Fortunately, I love the 780s without the E7, but this little guy will definitely be a necessity. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back