FiiO E6
May 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gamerich

New Head-Fier
Is it worth the price? I'm also wondering whether it'll add clarity, bass or volume.

I like how it is very light and quite small in size, which is convenient for me.

May 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 8
It excels at it's price point, and should add bass, clarity, and volume to a certain extent depending on the receiving headphone's impedance

FiiO products are generally well built and most people don't have problems with the E6

May 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Is it worth the price? I'm also wondering whether it'll add clarity, bass or volume.

I like how it is very light and quite small in size, which is convenient for me.

It is worth far more than it's asking price, IMHO. 

I just had to recharge it, and my headphones while certainly listenable, don't sound anything like they 'normally' do when I run them through an amp. It's as if the air has been let out of the balloon. The sound signature just sags: the bass doesn't kick, the high frequency details recede into the far distance. 

The sound quality is perfectly acceptable, but the vibrancy and energy has clearly diminished sans amp. 

It's an unexpectedly long 2 hour wait!

May 8, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

It is worth far more than it's asking price, IMHO. 

I just had to recharge it, and my headphones while certainly listenable, don't sound anything like they 'normally' do when I run them through an amp. It's as if the air has been let out of the balloon. The sound signature just sags: the bass doesn't kick, the high frequency details recede into the far distance. 

The sound quality is perfectly acceptable, but the vibrancy and energy has clearly diminished sans amp. 

It's an unexpectedly long 2 hour wait!

What headphones are you using, and how long does the battery generally last?

I'll be powering my Q701 through my phone (Galaxy S2) using the PowerAmp app.

I already have a desktop amp - need a portable one.

May 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 8
It works fairly long (supposedly 10+ hours) on my friends vsonic gr07s and akg k240s

May 10, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #6 of 8
I use the fiio with a wide range of headphones. My recommendation is that you pair this amp with darker or with neutral sounding headphones. The E6 does add a bit of brightness, so you might not want to pair this with grado's. However, the E6 adds some midrange and bass pop as well. 

It's a remarkable little device; try it out with any and all headphones; chances are, you'll be pleased. 

May 10, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 8
The e6 is a good way to get your feet wet in the portable amp world.

When I get it damn, did it improve my earphones. The bass/treble increase was tremendous. I could not liste to my music without the e6.

But the portable music world is like a cruel drug addiction. Once you get something, you crave something better.

Within 2 months I upgraded to a c&c bh amp and it stomps all over the e6. It makes the e6 sound hollow and empty.

The e6 is a fantastic entry amp. But just be prepared to get the upgrade itch quickly.

May 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
The e6 is a good way to get your feet wet in the portable amp world.

When I get it damn, did it improve my earphones. The bass/treble increase was tremendous. I could not liste to my music without the e6.

But the portable music world is like a cruel drug addiction. Once you get something, you crave something better.

Within 2 months I upgraded to a c&c bh amp and it stomps all over the e6. It makes the e6 sound hollow and empty.

The e6 is a fantastic entry amp. But just be prepared to get the upgrade itch quickly.

*sigh*
I'm feeling sorry for my wallet already.
But this is what I signed up for when I registered here.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back