FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Dec 17, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #602 of 611
How does it pair with an iPhone 6S and RHA MHA750?

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #603 of 611
I currently own a pair of B&W P5 S2's that I'm quite fond of. They're my go to headphones after my old Sony MDR7506 finally broke down (the right speaker has started giving weird hisses?). My tastes in music having changed - I prefer a more prominent bass punch, compared to super clear mids, a recent fondness for warmer sound signatures made me go for these in addition to a pair of of C5 S1's that I possess. That said, my phone source, the Xperia Z1 Compact is pretty bad at driving the P5s and I was considering adding on the Fiio E6, for cheap. Are the Fiio E6, Xperia Z1 Compact and the P5 Series 2's a good matchup? Forgive my non-"audiophile language", I'm new to this world. :p

May 20, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #605 of 611
ok i figured it out, seems better now my question is with these headphones,is this amp good enough or will they get better if i get say a Fiio a3? headphones are Creative Aurvana Live! thanks

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #606 of 611
Hi everybody,

Does anyone of you know where I can buy an LB cable to pair this E6 with my Walkman's proprietary port? I actually found one by a third party manufacturer but the cost of 79 euros is ridiculously high. I'm not willing to pay more than 20 euros for such a tiny cable.

Thanks beforehand

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #608 of 611
  I currently own a pair of B&W P5 S2's that I'm quite fond of. They're my go to headphones after my old Sony MDR7506 finally broke down (the right speaker has started giving weird hisses?). My tastes in music having changed - I prefer a more prominent bass punch, compared to super clear mids, a recent fondness for warmer sound signatures made me go for these in addition to a pair of of C5 S1's that I possess. That said, my phone source, the Xperia Z1 Compact is pretty bad at driving the P5s and I was considering adding on the Fiio E6, for cheap. Are the Fiio E6, Xperia Z1 Compact and the P5 Series 2's a good matchup? Forgive my non-"audiophile language", I'm new to this world. :p

The FIIo E6 will definitely improve the sound and drive capability of your Z1 compact (got the same phone, but I use a Walkman). For its low cost you can hardly go wrong with the E6. It is fairly neutral in amplifying the sound (dependable on your EQ choice) and is easy to carry around.
My only gripe with the E6 is that I find by amplifying the sound of a dedicated DAP it looses a bit tightness, a bit accuracy. But not all that noticeable. However, that is with an audio player that already has a very good built-in DAC. If you use this with the Z1 compact, which has a 'basic' audio chipset, it will only improve the sound (a little) and driving capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back