Fiio E6 + iPhone 4s + LOD + Recabling = balanced output?
May 18, 2012 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MoonYeol

500+ Head-Fier
I tried searching for both balanced LODs for iPhone and making an arbitrary amount of Fiio E6 into a balanced amp. I'm a noob when it comes to the most things considering audio.

Are there any iPhone LODs that are balanced?

Is it possible to split the signal into L+/L- and R+/R-? Does the iPhone LOD support that?

Is it possible to connect 2x Fiio E6 to act as L/R amps? Would this affect the sound? Are Fiios E6 identical enough performance wise and output wise?

Is it possible to recable all headphones into balanced headphones? Will this affect them in a positive way?

Is there any place where I could procure such things?

Sorry for all the questions, I didn't know where to post.

May 18, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 3
Are there any iPhone LODs that are balanced?
No.

Is it possible to split the signal into L+/L- and R+/R-? Does the iPhone LOD support that?
Not possible. iPhone is not capable of outputting balanced signal as far as I know.

Is it possible to connect 2x Fiio E6 to act as L/R amps?
Yes, but it will be pointless since E6 is not internally balanced. Having a mono block design (independent left and right amp section) is not the same as having a balanced amp design.

Would this affect the sound?
Not much.

Are Fiios E6 identical enough performance wise and output wise?
I would think so, yes. Volume is digital so they should match up nicely. Then again, that's not the problem here

Is it possible to recable all headphones into balanced headphones?
Yes in theory.

Will this affect them in a positive way?
That depends on the whole setup, but most who did balance their headphone tend to like it better.

Is there any place where I could procure such things?
Don't know such a place myself.

Just save up and get yourself a Meier Audio 2StepDance, much easier than what you are trying to do with E6 (which is impossible anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back