Fiio E6 hacking radio waves?! Honest!!
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

100+ Head-Fier
I dont know what I'm going to have to do to record this if no one belives me, but I SWEAR this is happening! If I partially unplug the Fiio chord (hooked up to my MDRV6 on the outpot and my laptop on the input), my music somehow seems more shallower, BUT I hear a news report from someones radio or tv or something!! This so cool! Can anyone else do this!? I dunno how i can prove it, but I'll figure something ut if no one believes me!!

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Perhaps you live close to the antenna.    If  you can hear distinct words (as opposed to low level mumbling), wait till they broadcast the station ID, then you can look up the transmitter locations.

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow I never thought that could be it. But is there any reason as to WHY the amp picks up on radio waves? It isnt a transmitting or recieving device, I thought it was just an amp, not a portable radio hacker... Anyone know why it could be doing this? And why it only happens when the amp is grounded, but not connected to any audio device besides my headphones (and grounded by the laptop metal)

Quote:
Perhaps you live close to the antenna.    If  you can hear distinct words (as opposed to low level mumbling), wait till they broadcast the station ID, then you can look up the transmitter locations.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Never had that happen before in my life, then again, I dont normally only partially unplug my cables just for the ****s of it (I cant remember why I did it with this...) , I guess I'm gonna have to do some readin and researchin on antennas and such to see how this works, as I really dont know mucha bout them.
Quote:
probably because when your headphones are partially unplugged, the cable is acting as an antenna.  it's not uncommon for a lot of electronics to act as radio receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back