Fiio E5 - can some one please explain?
Feb 9, 2009 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DynaFreq

New Head-Fier
I was running some tests on my new Fiio E5 and during one of the sine sweeps I ran, I could literally hear the sweep coming from the amp itself, and not speakers or headphones. It was very faint, but I tried a few different things [music, noise] and I could sorta hear them all coming from inside the housing of the amp.

I double checked and I ran a sweep from my DAP straight into the amp and i can still hear it without ANYTHING plugged into the output of the amp.

Did I break it somehow? Some one please help???

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 22
wow that is truly strange indeed. I cant say i've ever heard anything like that. sorry I cant be of any help; I cant even think of what could be causing that top happen. has it always done this?? are you on crack??
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 22
I am completely sober, and i truly wish you could hear it for yourself.....i don't know if it has always done this since i usually have my headphones on when it is in use.

anyone that owns a Fiio E5 please try this for yourself.

play any sounds through the amp and put your ear up to its housing. there is definitely something weird going on here.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 22
i have a fiio E3 hand-me-down, and i just tried it out with a few different types of music, as well as all my sources. will i can sometimes hear faint noise, it is not noticeable unless your trying to hear it, and it isnt a recreation of the sounds im sending through the amp

Im gonna go with qusp on this one. i think your on a mind-altering substance

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 22
geez thanks guys lol. To clear up that notion, drugs are bad mmkay.

Try running a sweep through it. That's what was most noticeable to me. Mostly in the upper mids and highs.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 22
ya, sweep is the same as music. The amp isnt entirely quiet, but its not the sweep that im hearing. Youll have to ask someone with an E5, maybe its just an E5 thing

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #7 of 22
I've never heard anything from my E5 (there's no speaker in there), but then again I've never run a sine wave sweep through it. On the logical side of things, there's nothing in there capable of emitting sound, not even a big capacitor or anything.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #8 of 22
I completely understand what you are saying, but you have to try it for yourself. Run a couple sweeps into the amp. Maybe mine is faulty, but I bet it's not.

of course there's no speaker in there....

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #11 of 22
lol when do you guys meet?

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #13 of 22
can i buy some of your 'gear'

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i buy some of your 'gear'

Who are you talking to?

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 22
just checked this with my E5 and nope, nothing. Pure silence.

I even sent an amped signal into the fiio and nothing whatsoever. no random noises, certainly no recognize sound reproduction coming from the amp itself.

I don't even really understand how this, even in theory, could happen. Something inside the amp is somehow acting as a mini-driver? That's crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back