FiiO E18 Review
Apr 17, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #64 of 449
I would say Fiio combo will be lot more powerfull
But DX90 seems to be very high class sounding device
I would say dx90 should sound theoreticaly cleaner and "better"
But Fiio X5 would be so also

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #65 of 449
Omg. I just hooked up some loudspeakers to my e18 and they soud amazing! Listening to "like clockwork....." By queens of the stoneage, the vocals, the drums, the soundstaging! Wow! Not much volume though.......

Edit:I have a few older sets of nice speakers that I have tested with results as expected but, the combo of my baby advent II's wired in series with technics sb-l100 sounds great and plays at a listenable volume.

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #66 of 449
  chào . can u guys help me . should i buy amp/dac portable (< 400$ fioo e18 , e12DIY..) for my ss note3 ,or just buy anoder dap ( dx90 or x5 ) ?

I am a newbie/novice so I am hooking up with you, it seems like we are looking for the same thing.
beyersmile.png

I have a Note 3, and  a Note 10.1 2014..Right now, I am dealing with these headphones connected to my Note 3/10.1, Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, HARMAN KARDON BTs..The sound is awesome, as these headphones have the aptx coding, and the Note 3 and 10.1 have the aptx coding, which makes bluetooth sound close to wired sound. However, I want to fly higher, so I have a pair of AKG K550 on the way. I was thinking about the Fiio E17, but then found about the E18 for Android devices.. 

If you already got yours, what did you get?  E17 or E18, or something else to go with your Note 3??

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #67 of 449
E18 works superbly with my Note 3.

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #68 of 449
E18 works superbly with my Note 3.

Thanks for that feedback. On the verge of getting a Fiio, amp/dac just doing my research. Was on to the E12, then the E17, and now the E18.. IMO, is going to be a good match for my Note 3 and Note 10.1

Thanks again,

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #69 of 449
I am just about to pull the trigger on the e18 to pair with my note 3 and rendition 1 amp. Will be pushing heir audio 6.A and 8.A my wife will use her 1964 ears V6stage.

I was going to get the x5 or dx90 but getting access to Google music at 320kb or even improved Pandora is worth it.

So my thought is to buy the e18 use it as mentioned above till x7 and note 4 come out and see how things shape up. I still have my sflo2 that when paired with the rendition 1 really sounds amazing!

Think the e18 rendition 1 and or sflo2 rendition will respectively keep up with the x5/dx90?

Any better pure portable DAC options to pair with android / note 3?

I am very happy with my amp.

:)

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #70 of 449
I am just about to pull the trigger on the e18 to pair with my note 3 and rendition 1 amp. Will be pushing heir audio 6.A and 8.A my wife will use her 1964 ears V6stage.

I was going to get the x5 or dx90 but getting access to Google music at 320kb or even improved Pandora is worth it.

So my thought is to buy the e18 use it as mentioned above till x7 and note 4 come out and see how things shape up. I still have my sflo2 that when paired with the rendition 1 really sounds amazing!

Think the e18 rendition 1 and or sflo2 rendition will respectively keep up with the x5/dx90?

Any better pure portable DAC options to pair with android / note 3?

I am very happy with my amp.

:)

I have a e18 and occasionally pair it with my note 3, but I get interference every time a song nears it's end. This only happens on my e18.

My primary (and more beloved) solution is my hrt microstreamer to fiio e12. This gives me a tiny integrated amp in the hrt if I really want to be portable, or I e12 it and use with my hd700s. I love this combo, but only realize it when I go to something else, like the e18. IMO, the e18 is a Swiss army knife with a tragic flaw that just ruins it for me, and that is the interference. No excuse for that when I have 4 other dacs that are all older that have no interference when butted up against my phone in various positions. Fiio dropped the ball.

That said, I'll sell you my e18 haha. Only has about 10 hours on it, all hissy with interference!

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #71 of 449
My E18 doesn't suffer from that problem. It's actually the first I've heard of it.

Apr 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #72 of 449
I have a e18 and occasionally pair it with my note 3, but I get interference every time a song nears it's end. This only happens on my e18.

My primary (and more beloved) solution is my hrt microstreamer to fiio e12. This gives me a tiny integrated amp in the hrt if I really want to be portable, or I e12 it and use with my hd700s. I love this combo, but only realize it when I go to something else, like the e18. IMO, the e18 is a Swiss army knife with a tragic flaw that just ruins it for me, and that is the interference. No excuse for that when I have 4 other dacs that are all older that have no interference when butted up against my phone in various positions. Fiio dropped the ball.

That said, I'll sell you my e18 haha. Only has about 10 hours on it, all hissy with interference!

Good to hear all types of feedback on items I am interested in. I just pulled the trigger and ordered the E18 from Amazon.. It will be paired with my Note 3, and Note 10.1 2014. Now, that is the first I have heard about this problem. Others that have the E18, have mentioned no such problems.  Could it be the app, flaw in your Note 3?  Because I am sure there are a lot of Note 3 users out there using the E18, and would have seen lots of reports of this, if this is an actual flaw. No matter, I am dealing with Amazon, and they have a 30 day return period, so I am going to see if get that to happen on my Note 3..

Thanks for the feedback too...

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #73 of 449
kayza said:

Thanks for the info!

So aside from interference hour does the hrt microstreamer to e12 compare to the e18 to e12?

Selling it huh (e18) lol with what others are reporting with no interference I wonder why you get it? Signal type gsm vs CDMA? 3g vs 4g, defect in unit?

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #74 of 449
Thanks for the info!

So aside from interference hour does the hrt microstreamer to e12 compare to the e18 to e12?

Selling it huh (e18) lol with what others are reporting with no interference I wonder why you get it? Signal type gsm vs CDMA? 3g vs 4g, defect in unit?

I read of others having interference in this or the other e18 thread. Look back to november/December time frame or use search.
I run a Verizon note 3 (lte) model sm-n900v. The interference is when stacked with the phone, and happens near the end of songs. As if it is reading the next file and that causes interference.

As far as comparison, I notice a difference and prefer the hrt microstreamer and e12 pairing over the e18 or e18 with e12. The downside of the hrt is that it is digitally attenuated, and the phone doesn't support that (except in UAPP), so to get a signal with no loss of bits, you must run full volume on the phone volume slider, and then line out to an amp with a physical volume knob. Not a big deal since I like my e12 anyways, but this may be a deal breaker for some

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #75 of 449
I read of others having interference in this or the other e18 thread. Look back to november/December time frame or use search.
I run a Verizon note 3 (lte) model sm-n900v. The interference is when stacked with the phone, and happens near the end of songs. As if it is reading the next file and that causes interference.

As far as comparison, I notice a difference and prefer the hrt microstreamer and e12 pairing over the e18 or e18 with e12. The downside of the hrt is that it is digitally attenuated, and the phone doesn't support that (except in UAPP), so to get a signal with no loss of bits, you must run full volume on the phone volume slider, and then line out to an amp with a physical volume knob. Not a big deal since I like my e12 anyways, but this may be a deal breaker for some

Thanks again!

Interference does not sound good at all :frowning2:

Hmmm I would use an amp so like you digitally attenuated volume on hrt streamer not a factor.

If you have another minute could you describe what you like about the hrt streamer to e12 vs e18 to e12? Soundstage, details dynamics? Etc

I am reading all the e18 threads and reviews just saw a few posts you made :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back