FiiO E17K Review
Jan 16, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #16 of 135
  Thanks very much for your response, excellent information! Really appreciate it.

Very few amps have the excellent EQ capabilities of the E17K that us bassheads love..

This is the main reason I was interested in pairing it with the X5.

Yeah, the bass EQ is quite fun to play with. 

It makes cans like the SRH440 sing. 

Just spent a bit more time with the X5 and E17K

If you have both and decide you want to stack it (only if you just have two for different purposes...dont buy them for the sole purpose of stacking), then you are going to need the HS6

I've been stacking it with just bands right now. So terrible. The only way to stack it is with the bands covering the power or input button. Guess what happens? Yep...it turns off sometimes randomly or switches input. This is because I leave the stack with the X5 side face up...meaning the pressure is on the buttons on the other side. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #17 of 135
Hi! Im newbie for this forum, im from Ukraine and this is my first post:)
Waiting for comparsion E17K to E07K...

Now im using: Xonar STX + Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm at home(which is actualy too bright at highs), and FIIO E07K(bought a week ago) + ATH-M50 at work. I found E07K with very interesting sound signature more preferable than STX(listened on m50, have no time to compare on DT770), but it lacks resolution, and my question, can E17K give to me more resolution than E07K? Comparing to stx resolution? 

Im searching for device, which can replace STX cause its brightness at highs, and a little empty lows:frowning2: Perhaps universal device that could combine a resolution STX and interesting presentation Fiio?)

In any case, whether it makes sense to sell E07K and E17K buy for DT770 and M50 in terms of sound quality? Features do not interest me, only wav and flac audio from pc and laptop, kernel streaming, asio...

Sorry for my bad english...

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #22 of 135
So you think it's more worth buying an E17K than a E12A for the OPO?

If you can please do a very brief comparison between the two options:

OPO -> ( from OPO USB OTG out) E17K -> IEM

OPO -> (from OPO Headphone jack out) E12A -> IEM

Thanks! 

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #25 of 135
A real shame it can't do 24/88 - that's a deal breaker for me as that's what I use when ripping LPs

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #26 of 135
  A real shame it can't do 24/88 - that's a deal breaker for me as that's what I use when ripping LPs

I believe it does support it?

up to 32bit with 96KHz unless you are talking about an official support

I can't find documentation on full support. I can maybe test it later

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #27 of 135
can the e17k be a DAC for a portable DAP?
And if so, how?
I understood it can only be a DAC for iPhones and PCs

Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPad

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #28 of 135
can the e17k be a DAC for a portable DAP?
And if so, how?
I understood it can only be a DAC for iPhones and PCs

Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPad

If the DAP has coaxial output then yes

This is because the E17K has S/PDIF Digital Coaxial input. 

Some DAPs like Colorfly C4 have Coaxial output

But you really shouldn't be doing a DAP to E17K combo. The whole point of an audiophile DAP is to not do this

The E17K also isn't a super luxury awesome DAC for you to ever consider doing such a rig. Coaxial output on DAPs is mainly used for the option of serving as a portable source to digital home equipment or to a users preference of a more more expensive portable DAC+amp

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #29 of 135
If the DAP has coaxial output then yes

This is because the E17K has S/PDIF Digital Coaxial input. 

Some DAPs like Colorfly C4 have Coaxial output

But you really shouldn't be doing a DAP to E17K combo. The whole point of an audiophile DAP is to not do this

The E17K also isn't a super luxury awesome DAC for you to ever consider doing such a rig. Coaxial output on DAPs is mainly used for the option of serving as a portable source to digital home equipment or to a users preference of a more more expensive portable DAC+amp

I have an iBasso dx90- which portable amp+dac would be of higher quality that can support transferring digital sound into analog?
Thanks a lot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back