FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #5,746 of 6,777
Quote:

You don't know where stuff is located?
I have an E17, can you tell me where the volume control is? 
wink_face.gif

They change their site and file availbility a lot

I know they had manuals for every product on their site, but not sure where to tell users to go now.

I used to be able to provide near step by step steps from memory.

Obviously.

Hold the E17 in your hand so that the E17 or Alpen silkscreen is facing your palm. The OLED screen will be in the top facing you. Now feel around the screen and move thy thumb to the right side. Bingo.
Quote:
Obviously!
This is why he is 006!

But seriously no, I just like to help people out.

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #5,747 of 6,777
Hey I bought both the e17 & e09k the other day. Suddenly today the e17 stopped working & turned off now the screen is always on when plugged in via USB it dock of e09k but i can't use any of the buttons any can not play music with it. Also I haven't been able to charge the e17 since purchase either, any advice?
Thanks.

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #5,748 of 6,777
Hey I bought both the e17 & e09k the other day. Suddenly today the e17 stopped working & turned off now the screen is always on when plugged in via USB it dock of e09k but i can't use any of the buttons any can not play music with it. Also I haven't been able to charge the e17 since purchase either, any advice?
Thanks.

There is a 'reset' switch on the E17 Please press it Please use a USB wall charger and attempt to charge it that way

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #5,749 of 6,777
Quote:

Yes, unfortunately I am in the RMA world now.

I tried every kind of Reset and it do not work.

I contacted the FiiO support and the answer was to procced with the exchange. And they ask me to inform the BH Photo Video to cover the freight, according with the FiiO's after-sale policy.

Until now, both BH and FiiO are very kind and it seems that I will not have any problem with the exchange, except the time without the amplifier.

Thank you all!

good to hear that, and hope our user can buy from a local dealer if there have. and don't worry about the warranty we will try our best to make our customer happy.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #5,750 of 6,777
Quote:
They change their site and file availbility a lot

I know they had manuals for every product on their site, but not sure where to tell users to go now.

I used to be able to provide near step by step steps from memory.

Obviously.

Hold the E17 in your hand so that the E17 or Alpen silkscreen is facing your palm. The OLED screen will be in the top facing you. Now feel around the screen and move thy thumb to the right side. Bingo.

But seriously no, I just like to help people out.

Not too sure if you can help me find the closest beer store? 
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #5,751 of 6,777
Apr 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #5,753 of 6,777
Apr 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #5,754 of 6,777
Quote:
Thanks!
biggrin.gif

I found it!
It's Miller time!

BTW, I don't live in Spokane and I wasn't looking for no stinking espresso bar!
mad.gif

Meh... it was the first suggestion Google came up with for "Para-Dice" & "Beer" 
tongue_smile.gif

Just Schiit's and Giggles...

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #5,755 of 6,777
Quote:
Meh... it was the first suggestion Google came up with for "Para-Dice" & "Beer" 
tongue_smile.gif

Just Schiit's and Giggles...

Real men drink beer!
And they buy it at "The Beer Store" or the "LCBO". 
tongue.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #5,756 of 6,777
Quote:

Real men drink beer!
And they buy it at "The Beer Store" or the "LCBO". 
tongue.gif

LOL that's right,,, I'ts been YEARS since I've been in The Beer Store or the LCBO (My Favorite) for that matter... It's now just the NSLC that I occasionallly peruse for the Appletons or Patrón. There are so few of us Canuck's here. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #5,758 of 6,777
Quote:
Thanks saved me having to send it back!

I'll take it that it worked?

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

biggrin.gif
 Didn't see you were a new member before as I was on mobile(which explains why my sentences are grouped up and badly puncuated).

Hope you like it here.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #5,759 of 6,777
LOL that's right,,, I'ts been YEARS since I've been in The Beer Store or the LCBO (My Favorite) for that matter... It's now just the NSLC that I occasionallly peruse for the Appletons or Patrón. There are so few of us Canuck's here. 

:beerchug:

The Beer Store!

Ya gotta love that name!

And to get us back on topic:
One thing I like about the E17 is that it is nice and portable, I can bring my iPod out on my deck with an E17, and pair of headphones and a beer.......all in one trip!

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #5,760 of 6,777
Received a new E17 Monday and so far, I am pretty impressed with it. Sound quality is good (can't say any more without listening longer), and I love the flexibility -- I'm using it mostly to replace my Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro which was adequate enough for usb->optical, and also for use with my secondary devices that only have digital out. I just wish it had a line-out that was built into the device like the line-in is. So far I've used it with Sony mdr7509's and Sennheiser hd580's. To my surprise, the hd580's had plenty of volume, even at the lowest gain setting (+0db) !!! As far as my basic understanding goes, it is best to use the minimum gain that gives adequate volume on a given amplifier, but headphones like the hd580's may benefit from devices that are inherently more powerful, such as the E09k which I was considering adding for my desktop computer. Can anyone clarify this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back