FiiO E12 Review
Sep 6, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #302 of 418
Do the Sennheiser HD 650's go well with the Fiio e12's? I plan of buying the soon and making an Ipod setup.

my plan is to do... Ipod Classic 160 GB Silver >>> Fiio L3 LOD>> Fiio e12 >>> the 3.5 adapter jack it comes with >>> Sennheiser HD 650

I planned on buying other amps like the JDS Labs O2 + DAC but when I went to the Bass wiki I saw the Fiio e12 was really well with other headphones like the V-Moda M-100 and a JVC headphone.

So anyway....Is the HD 650 good with the Fiio e12?

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #303 of 418
  Do the Sennheiser HD 650's go well with the Fiio e12's? I plan of buying the soon and making an Ipod setup.

my plan is to do... Ipod Classic 160 GB Silver >>> Fiio L3 LOD>> Fiio e12 >>> the 3.5 adapter jack it comes with >>> Sennheiser HD 650

I planned on buying other amps like the JDS Labs O2 + DAC but when I went to the Bass wiki I saw the Fiio e12 was really well with other headphones like the V-Moda M-100 and a JVC headphone.

It can drive them pretty loud, but they are thin sounding so i'm allways using the bass boost. It is decent for a portable setup though. It's better though with easier to drive headphones like the w1000x!

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #304 of 418

I was impressed with the E12 when driving my HD600's. As Androb noted, the bass boost provides a bit more depth, but I wouldn't characterize the SQ as "thin" without it (I'm not a basshead). I don't typically use my mobile amp with my not-so-mobile Sennheiser cans. I'm more inclined to use the E12 with my IEMs (Etymotic ER4s) and prefer the iFi iDAC with my HD600's for desktop use.

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #306 of 418
I use the x5 with the momentum. Will attaching an e12 make any noticeable difference?(I mainly listen to 24 bit FLAC). I was eyeing the e12 mainly because of the bass boost.

You certainly don't need the E12 to power these 18 Ohm headphones and the 10-band equalizer in the X5 should easily be able to boost the bass for you. The on-off Bass boost in the E12 is accomplished in hardware so it is reported to have less effect on the overall fidelity and sound signature of the DAP, but with some tweaking the software EQ in the X5 may be able to compensate.

Cheers... Brian

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #309 of 418
I just received my X5 and E12 and i just want to make sure im not missing something before i send the E12 back.  It worked fine through a song and i stopped for dinner and when i came back to it it no longer worked. It has a full charge and the blue light is on.
I also reset it, anything in settings on the X5 i may have missed?  Thanks for any ideas.

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #310 of 418
You certainly don't need the E12 to power these 18 Ohm headphones and the 10-band equalizer in the X5 should easily be able to boost the bass for you. The on-off Bass boost in the E12 is accomplished in hardware so it is reported to have less effect on the overall fidelity and sound signature of the DAP, but with some tweaking the software EQ in the X5 may be able to compensate.

Cheers... Brian

The EQ is useless because it takes about 75 days to scroll through the 10 bands.The x5 certainly drives my headphones well but if the amp even slightly enhances the sound, i'll buy it.

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #311 of 418
I just received my X5 and E12 and i just want to make sure im not missing something before i send the E12 back.  It worked fine through a song and i stopped for dinner and when i came back to it it no longer worked. It has a full charge and the blue light is on.
I also reset it, anything in settings on the X5 i may have missed?  Thanks for any ideas.

Looks like no one is answering!
Where's the E12 love? :D

There should be no special E12 settings.
I assume you are using the Line Out on the X5?
This is the X5 output jack that is NOT affected by the volume control.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #313 of 418
The E12 Police will kick down your door in the middle of the night and confiscate your E12! :D

Seriously, good to hear it's working out for you.

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #314 of 418
Hey guys I got the Fiio e12 and the HS6 stacking kit. And something came up recently so I have to get a different headphone. I chose the JVC HA-SZ2000 from looking at the best bass headphone list. So now its Fiio X5 >>> HS6 LOD >>> Fiio e12 >>> JVC HA-SZ2000. This might be a nooby question but I showed my cousin the e12 today and he asked if i'm gonna need a DAC? From my research on the website I don't think I do. but he knew of head-fi too so I just want to be sure. Would I need a DAC?

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #315 of 418
Hey guys I got the Fiio e12 and the HS6 stacking kit. And something came up recently so I have to get a different headphone. I chose the JVC HA-SZ2000 from looking at the best bass headphone list. So now its Fiio X5 >>> HS6 LOD >>> Fiio e12 >>> JVC HA-SZ2000. This might be a nooby question but I showed my cousin the e12 today and he asked if i'm gonna need a DAC? From my research on the website I don't think I do. but he knew of head-fi too so I just want to be sure. Would I need a DAC?

The DAC in the X5 is pretty damn good.
To answer your question, a separate DAC is not really required or needed! :D

BTW, I own an X5, an E12 and the stacking kit too. It's a nice combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back