FiiO E11K &A3 Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early Impressions)
Dec 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #483 of 718
Dec 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #484 of 718
How does E11K perform during charging?  Any noise or interference?

If E11k performance is compromised during charging, what alternatives are there in the same price/performance range?

Portability is not important to me at all.  I intend to plug it to the powerpoint all the time.

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #485 of 718
Just for the heck of it I thought I would give my HD650's and HE500's a spin on my portable E11K (normally connected with DT1350). I wasn't expecting anything too surprising, in fact I wasn't sure if the E11K had enough oomph to drive them. On Low impedance, which is where they were set it was pretty boring. But switch to High impedance and Hi bass boost...now baby we're talking! The Senn's were ok but the HiFIMan's were down right enjoyable. Sure, not as smooth and effortless as G109S but still pretty shockingly impressive.

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #486 of 718
Just for the heck of it I thought I would give my HD650's and HE500's a spin on my portable E11K (normally connected with DT1350). I wasn't expecting anything too surprising, in fact I wasn't sure if the E11K had enough oomph to drive them. On Low impedance, which is where they were set it was pretty boring. But switch to High impedance and Hi bass boost...now baby we're talking! The Senn's were ok but the HiFIMan's were down right enjoyable. Sure, not as smooth and effortless as G109S but still pretty shockingly impressive.

That's what happened to me, as well, with the 650s. Very respectable performance and for the price, an incredible value.

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #487 of 718
wotg I couldn't hear any increase in noise when charging the e11k, surprised me.. used ttpod t1-e and havi b3 pro1

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #488 of 718
  wotg I couldn't hear any increase in noise when charging the e11k, surprised me.. used ttpod t1-e and havi b3 pro1

My experience, as well. Again, the best Head-Fi value for the money I've ever experienced.

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #489 of 718
Okay guys, I just sent back my E11k (it was actually like 2 weeks ago) and I just ordered the E10K last night. Here are my overall thoughts:

Well first off, the E11k is a great amp. It is really small, light, holds a charge really long, and looks absolutely stunning. The sound is perfectly flat, except it has a slight bump in the lower end (about 160-200Hz), although hardly noticeable. The brushed aluminum makes it appear to cost $200+. 

But anyway, the E11K simply wasn't for me. I only used this at my desk, using an aux cord coming out of my PC. Two things:
1. This is a portable amp, meant for on the go.
2. All I was doing here was amplifying already bad sound.

Great job on the E11k, but I just don't think it's for me. I never used it on the go at all, and I needed something more than just an amp. But for someone who needs something to make their phone louder and a little better sounding, this little amp is a must.

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #490 of 718
  Okay guys, I just sent back my E11k (it was actually like 2 weeks ago) and I just ordered the E10K last night. Here are my overall thoughts:

Well first off, the E11k is a great amp. It is really small, light, holds a charge really long, and looks absolutely stunning. The sound is perfectly flat, except it has a slight bump in the lower end (about 160-200Hz), although hardly noticeable. The brushed aluminum makes it appear to cost $200+. 

But anyway, the E11K simply wasn't for me. I only used this at my desk, using an aux cord coming out of my PC. Two things:
1. This is a portable amp, meant for on the go.
2. All I was doing here was amplifying already bad sound.

Great job on the E11k, but I just don't think it's for me. I never used it on the go at all, and I needed something more than just an amp. But for someone who needs something to make their phone louder and a little better sounding, this little amp is a must.

Congrats on the E10K!

I really don't understand people wanting to use the E11K as strictly a desktop amp when the E10K would be much better for that task. Not trying to single you out just adding to your post.

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #491 of 718
Yeah I just didn't do my research
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #492 of 718
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #493 of 718

Portability is not important to me at all.  I intend to plug it to the powerpoint all the time.

Was thinking about doing the same but hopefully it won't impact on the lifespan of the captive battery. When plugged in with full battery, does the E11K trickle charge to preserve the battery?

Maybe a Fiio rep can chime in??????...
regular_smile .gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #495 of 718
Here's a question I've been dying to find out the answer to.

On the tech sheet, the Fiio E11k amplifies frequencies from 20hz to 20khz, but when if I listen to high resolution files on a high res player, like a 24 bit flac, or anything over 320kbs mp3, will it also amplify the lower subbass frequencies, and the ones above 20khz? or are those frequencies not amplified ? 

10x! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back