Fiio e11 worth upgrading from fiio e6?
Dec 2, 2011 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Carsonwen

Head-Fier
I have the Fiio e6 with westone 3 and I am wondering if it's worth upgrading to e11. Is there a difference? My budget is 200 and I'm wondering if the e11 will improve the sound of my w3 much more than the e6 does? Any suggestions?

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Well the e11 is a better amp. I cant say for sure if you can tell the difference.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 8

He is using the westone 3 and that is why I said that I was not sure if he could tell a difference.
Quote:
i have heard that the e 11 is a lot better then the e6 but it all depends on personal opinion and what kind of headphones you use

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Hmm, i probably agree. IEM's usually don't need that much power. If he had headphones, especially some $100+ ones, then I would ....say...yes?

I can't talk about FiiOs as I have yet to hear the later ones, but I need to address your point...I have Westone 3s and they cost 250 pounds in the UK, which is about $300, I think. It doesn't always have to be the case that more expensive headphones profit more from amping. 

Dec 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I can't talk about FiiOs as I have yet to hear the later ones, but I need to address your point...I have Westone 3s and they cost 250 pounds in the UK, which is about $300, I think. It doesn't always have to be the case that more expensive headphones profit more from amping. 

That is generally the case though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back