Fiio e11 Imbalance
Jan 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Wallybot

New Head-Fier
I have a slight problem here. I just recently bought a fiio e11 amp for my 2nd gen. Itouch. I am using it with klipsch image s4i and x10.

When I play my music with the amp, my right earbud sounds louder than my left one. However, it is extremely slight and it is more noticeable at lower volumes. I know it isn't because my ears are damaged because I tested the earbuds on both ears and the right one IS louder. Is this supposed to be normal?

Also, I am noticing hissing sounds when the amp is turned on. I've read that other people has reported this as well. I have found that the hissing is louder when the eq boost is at one or two. Is there any way to dampen or decrease the hissing?

Thanks

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 9
If your E11 is on high gain,, then both issues can be somewhat avoided by setting it to low gain.

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 9
Have you checked your setup with any other IEM/cans? Is there any play in the e11 jack? Kinda sounds like the jack isn't allowing you to seat your headphones all the way. Just a thought, good luck.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 9
If your E11 is on high gain,, then both issues can be somewhat avoided by setting it to low gain.

I do set it on low gain and on low power and the problem is there. The problem is slight but noticeable.

Have you checked your setup with any other IEM/cans? Is there any play in the e11 jack? Kinda sounds like the jack isn't allowing you to seat your headphones all the way. Just a thought, good luck.

I tried my setup with the s4i and the x10. They both show the problem. I originally thought that it was the hack not seating correctly but I made sure it was in all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back