Fiio E10 + Westone UM3X = great desktop system!
Apr 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TopPop

Headphoneus Supremus
Just had a Fiio E10 that I purchased off of eBay delivered today, and I've been testing it all afternoon with my Westone UM3X while working at home.

I bought the E10 to use in my office with a pair of Sony MDR-V6, which always stay there. Can't wait until I get to the office on Monday to try the combination... but I have to say... the E10/UM3X combo is pretty damn good. The UM3X normally never leave my Rockboxed Fuze, but I wanted to test the E10 with something portable (my HD600 sounded pretty thin on it), and I'm sure glad I did. 

Caveat: I use the iZotope Ozone Free plugin for Winamp ("subtle analog modeling" preset with "Tube Limiter" bypassed), primarily to add some presence. I know that the general consensus around here is against the use any sort of plugin, but I don't care: it has always sounded natural, and sounds especially good with this mini system.

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually, so far, it turns out that I greatly prefer the E10/UM3X combination to the E10/V6 combination. The V6 sound too thin with the E10 with the bass boost off, and too muddy with the bass boost on. The UM3X, on the other hand, sound very balanced with the bass boost off... just an all-around great pairing.

I bought the E10 to be paired with the V6 at my office, but it looks like the V6 may sitting on the back burner for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back