Fiio E1 Headphone Amplifier
Dec 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #17 of 23
DeliriumNL:

Yes, the E1 is affected by the RFI generated from the iPhone. I'm using the LW3 + E1 + iPhone. there's a slight RFI, not as bad as the go vibe amps though.

I do not know how to describe the intensivity, but it is still ok to keep your IEMs on.

I hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cirdec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DeliriumNL:

Yes, the E1 is affected by the RFI generated from the iPhone. I'm using the LW3 + E1 + iPhone. there's a slight RFI, not as bad as the go vibe amps though.

I do not know how to describe the intensivity, but it is still ok to keep your IEMs on.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply
smily_headphones1.gif
We'll see how bad it is
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #19 of 23
After 20 hours of listening to these i figured i would post a little user-experience.

I use these in combination with my Iphone 3GS and a pair of Nuforce Ne-6 IEM' s

The iphone is quite capable of powering the nuforces but i chose this product for the remote and the line-out signal wich should technically be better.

In my experience i beleive that my headphones really enjoy the better amplifier. The sound is great actually. The highs are a bit cleaner, the mids are warmer and the bass is much tighter. These are things i enjoy in listening to my music.

The Fiio E1 does an great job and offers an great small package wich i now use daily for all my portable listening.

When i bought these i forgot that theire could be quite some interference from my phone seeing as it goes through the line out and not the filtered 3.5mm jack.

However i was pleased to find that this is not the case. Yes if your calling and you have your volume at extreme hights and your not saying anything then it's annoying.

But when you listen at a normal volume it is not even detectable.

As positive as i am there is one thing that really bothers me and that is the remote itsself. First its rather big and second the buttons are not easy to press and are nearly impossible to tell apart when your not looking.But the major thing is that you cant lock the buttons wich makes it impossible to use in your pocket and has to be clipped on to your jacket with a clip that is way to small and will make you skip a few songs before you can attach it.

Overall this is a great product. Its a fairly new product so im sure they will improve on theire remote. Seeing as that is the only downside i' m quite happy with it and will continue on using it for probably quit some time.

I hope that anyone found this usefull

Regards.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #20 of 23
^ I agree with you . I am using my E1 with the Iphone 2G and the Crossroads Quattro or Soundmagic PL-50 depending upon the mood.The SQ is great , mids are warm and the bass is tighter compared to the Fiio E5.Overall the sound is cleaner compared to the E5.

But as you mentioned the buttons on the remote are placed close to each other and at times when i need to +/- the volume I end up pressing << />> button .
Also there should have been a lock for the controls on the remote, while traveling in trains/buses if you bump into someone one of the buttons get pressed and again you skip to the next track .It can get irritating at times.
Third the Clip since it is very small it is not very flexible and tight as the one on E5 .
The cable is bit thick and has the memory effect.

Overall the problems are only in the design / construction part .The Sound is really nice for the price paid .(~20$ via Mp4 Nation).

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #21 of 23
Guy's,

How's your battery life fairing?

Does using the E1 have a major impact the battery life of your iPod. I'm considering purchasing one for my Nano, instead of using my E5 - Hence the question.

Cheers

Mark

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this did nothing for my grados. waste of money imho.

I bought this for fun (it's so damn cheap).

Running: iPod Nano (latest Gen)-> Fiio E1-> Magnum Alessandro MS2i.

While I seriously wasn't expecting much, I was quite surprised. It drove the Magnums really well (punchy, good bass control). Soundstage is a little compressed compared with better amps. BUT...

For $15, I really can't complain. Plus it's so compact. I ditched the E5 I have.

While my RSA Predator is my portable amp of choice, the Fiio E1 will get a run simply because it's a simple, elegant solution (GENIUS actually) that combines: amp, LOD, music control/volume control in ONE device.

For the revisions, I'd like:

1) a slightly shorter cable
2) a HOLD button!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back