Fiio E07k connection with iPhone 5
May 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #31 of 38
Can anybody shed some light? Am I doing things right? I have the connections right. iphone 5 -> Lightning to USB CCK -> USB to Mini USB -> FiiO E07k -> Headphones.

But problem is with volume. My iPhone still needs to be cranked up to around 3/4 volume and FiiO E07k needs to be in 6dB gain plus volume at around 50-55/60 (near max). This has a detrimental effect on both my iPhone and FiiO E07k. I am using this set up to drive my 30ohms Beoplay H6 headphones.

Is there anything wrong with my settings? Or is this the way?

Added: If my calculation is correct, on this set up my iphone will run dry in just 3.5 hours. Is this normal? :x

May 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #32 of 38
Can anybody shed some light? Am I doing things right? I have the connections right. iphone 5 -> Lightning to USB CCK -> USB to Mini USB -> FiiO E07k -> Headphones.

But problem is with volume. My iPhone still needs to be cranked up to around 3/4 volume and FiiO E07k needs to be in 6dB gain plus volume at around 50-55/60 (near max). This has a detrimental effect on both my iPhone and FiiO E07k. I am using this set up to drive my 30ohms Beoplay H6 headphones.

Is there anything wrong with my settings? Or is this the way?

Added: If my calculation is correct, on this set up my iphone will run dry in just 3.5 hours. Is this normal? :x

I assume iPhone, in your setup, should be using digital volume control to the E07K - that means it shouldn't drain your battery at all or cause any problem when max out, therefore you should have set it to full in order to get the full 16bit resolution.

As for battery drainage, I assume it is mostly because E07K is draining your iPhone, as it is not designed to be self-powered when connected to a smartphone.

Note, I don't have an iPhone. I am just making an educated guess.

May 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #33 of 38
I assume iPhone, in your setup, should be using digital volume control to the E07K - that means it shouldn't drain your battery at all or cause any problem when max out, therefore you should have set it to full in order to get the full 16bit resolution.

As for battery drainage, I assume it is mostly because E07K is draining your iPhone, as it is not designed to be self-powered when connected to a smartphone.

Note, I don't have an iPhone. I am just making an educated guess.

I do believe you're quite right. Thanks for the fast reply. :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #38 of 38
so iphone 5s works with fiio e07k via lightning connector to mini? do i buy that cord separately? does it come included with e07k? also anyone knows will i benifit in sound quality if i use e07k dac usb vs mac mid 2009 macbook white unibody internal sound card dac? i hope i explained my question descently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back