FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Jan 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #391 of 1,676
Thats worth a shot. It is also working on Beans rom for the verizon N2, maybe you can look at that file as well and compare? You may be on to something.

Here is the link to Beans rom if you want to look at it:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2032447

I tested it last night on my wifes phone and it worked.

Just a heads up, I just flashed the stock kernel and it still works so it does not appear to be a kernel issue from what I can tell. The stock kernel was pulled from an international version but works across platforms.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #393 of 1,676
Quote:
tried to replace files in services.jar but no luck >_>, why cant some developers help us in this issue =.=

It is open source. Android that is and what most of these packs are. They are under no obligation to "help" as it wasn't a paid ROM that you got (unless you paid for it and it was in its conditions that they do that). They did all these things out of the good of their hearts. Cyanogen and what not. They however while not obligated are doing their best as humanely as possible to get stuff working. there are thousands of Android devices. It is hard. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #394 of 1,676
Quote:
It is open source. Android that is and what most of these packs are. They are under no obligation to "help" as it wasn't a paid ROM that you got (unless you paid for it and it was in its conditions that they do that). They did all these things out of the good of their hearts. Cyanogen and what not. They however while not obligated are doing their best as humanely as possible to get stuff working. there are thousands of Android devices. It is hard.

I appreciate all that they do to make Android a great experience but if some one fixes this for me I would gladly pay....

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #395 of 1,676
Quote:

I appreciate all that they do to make Android a great experience but if some one fixes this for me I would gladly pay....

They generally do not accept the 

"gives money for feature or fix" type of thinking. donations are generally it.

Digital audio output or even getting ROM's onto the device are very hard. Only a few Android devices work well with this right now. Less than 10(popular mass marketed ones) can do digital output with USB OTG AND can also successfully get a ROM/OS onto it easilly right now I believe. The Samsung flagships are the most popular ones. I just guessed that number by the way. I am not updated into the Android digital audio market but I do know that not to many can.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #396 of 1,676
Question. Ive searched everywhere but to no avail so I guess I shall finally ask. Has anyone gotten the E07K to work with the Galaxy S II using USB OTG? I believe the E7 worked with it using the Siyah kernel but I havent found anything on the E07K. Thanks

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #397 of 1,676
I just wanted to say even though I have yet to be able to use the DAC part of the E07K with my phone yet,I still would have purchased this knowing all I know now ,
for the money this was a huge bargain and the quality is superior to much more expensive gear I have purchased .
as soon as I know for sure that the FiiO E09K woks with it I will be ordering one as well :)

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #398 of 1,676
Quote:

i m not blaming, i m grateful for their work :3,i really love to see audio usb feature on our android devices ><

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #399 of 1,676
I just wanted to say even though I have yet to be able to use the DAC part of the E07K with my phone yet,I still would have purchased this knowing all I know now ,
for the money this was a huge bargain and the quality is superior to much more expensive gear I have purchased .
[COLOR=000000]as soon as I know for sure that the FiiO E09K woks with it I will be ordering one as well[/COLOR] :)

I got the e7, e07k, e17, e11, e5 and e11. Also the e09k with the e17. E07k works with the lo bypass setting on the e09k but e17 is what I primarily use in this setup.

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #400 of 1,676
Ive had a better idea. But I want to ask if its possible. On a Nexus 7, using a USB OTG cable splitter, could I have one end go to an E07K. The second end go to a 500GB external HDD. Then power the HDD using an external battery of some type. Possibly something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834983195

Anyone know if this would be possible, having both the HDD and the E07K working at the same time on the Nexus 7? Is the E07K compatible with the Nexus 7?

I would also use this kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2029728

Or possibly this one: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/30129-kernel-nexus-7-cifsnfsusb-otg-gpu-oc-cpu-oc-072912/

Thoughts?

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #401 of 1,676
Quote:
Yeah, I think I should go the USB OTG Cable route so that I can turn off the internal DAC of the phone.  A cable like this???  http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Micro-USB-OTG-Cable/dp/B005GGBYJ4

Instead of using that USB OTG Cable like the one linked above http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Micro-USB-OTG-Cable/dp/B005GGBYJ4

Would something like this work for the Galaxy S2/S3 and the E07K for USB Audio Out?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812400119

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #402 of 1,676
Quote:
The Fiio L6 should work with Sansa Fuze

I'm sure this has been asked but what about for the iPhone 5?? Stupid Apple had to go and change to the stupid Lighting connector and stupid me had to buy it :) Are you guys working on a LOD for the 5 or is there one already floating around? Stupid question, I just bought the e07k (your welcome) and was curious will it work with my new phone?? I still have two different LOD's that work great with my IPad 3 and Old school iPod Video 30gb

The e11 was pretty good but I don't think I'm getting the most out of my Denon's so I'm hoping that the e07k can fill that gap until I can get a better desktop setup.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #404 of 1,676
On my original Zune 30

I like it alot over my old E5. I just got to get used to the bulk. Now I wanted it for my phone Galaxy S3, waiting for my OTG cable to come in (gonna be a while since its coming from China). Will also be using it on my laptop for music and games =)

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #405 of 1,676
I'm sure this has been asked but what about for the iPhone 5?? Stupid Apple had to go and change to the stupid Lighting connector and stupid me had to buy it :) Are you guys working on a LOD for the 5 or is there one already floating around? Stupid question, I just bought the e07k (your welcome) and was curious will it work with my new phone?? I still have two different LOD's that work great with my IPad 3 and Old school iPod Video 30gb

The e11 was pretty good but I don't think I'm getting the most out of my Denon's so I'm hoping that the e07k can fill that gap until I can get a better desktop setup.

Lighting to old adapter, u can find it in ebay sold by sunricky

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=261153579996

Users who are viewing this thread

Back