[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #2,371 of 3,587
Anyone knows if the Btr5 can drive at their full potential the Tin P1?
Thanks.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,372 of 3,587
There's not really a reason to wire it to your phone. It's not gonna sound much different (if at all) since it's going through the same DAC/amp regardless.

Also really pleased with how effortlessly these push the KBEar Believe.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #2,373 of 3,587
The only thing I could say is I used to use a Fiio i1, add that added a big improvement to my IEM’s over the std Apple dongle. Hope for similar with something like the BTR5 but with the bonus of BT for when I want it and the USB for my laptop.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #2,374 of 3,587
Off the phone, just use it BT. It's absolutely aces. Plug 'er in on your laptop, sure, but there's no bonus to using it wired off the phone (and is just annoying).

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,375 of 3,587
This has basically killed my use of BTR5 with iPhone and pushes me another step towards android. The iPhone is obviously smart enough to detect what kind of Bluetooth device it’s paired with and stop restricting volume.

This issue affects streaming to speakers as well. I do think they’re deliberately overlooking it in an effort to push more users to AirPods and Apple ecosystem.

I have found this workaround on Reddit but yet to implement it. Let me know how it goes if it works for you.

Just wanted to give an update on the headphone notifications issue that some iPhone users were having. The shortcut workaround I had posted earlier had been working well for me, but it was still a workaround. Today I updated to iOS 14.4 which has definitively fixed the issue. There is now an option in the bluetooth settings to specify what type of device is connected over bluetooth. If you select the bluetooth device, then change the device type to something other than headphones (like speakers), the iPhone wont track that devices playback level towards the weekly limit.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #2,376 of 3,587
I have a few question about using EQ in FiiO Music app with BTR5.
Which EQ is betteer to use built in device in Device Control, or Equalizer in FiiO Music ?
I noticed that EQ in app when increase for example bass lower volume, built in EQ in BTR3/BTR5 do not do this.
What is better option use one EQ in device control on maximum +12dB value for 31,62Hz or use both with lover vaules +6dB on each one ?

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #2,377 of 3,587
How much output power has the BTR5 in balanced mode for an iem of 20 ohms?
For 32 ohms it has 240 for canal but in 20 ohms?
Thanks for the reply :wink:

Feb 2, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #2,378 of 3,587
Hypothetically around 384mW.

But it belongs to the capabilities and characteristics of the built-in amp. :)

Calculation based on

This calculator

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #2,379 of 3,587
The spec sheet of the BTR5 says for balanced output:

240mW at 32 and 16Ohm. :thinking:

FiiO BTR5 spec sheet

Guess the BTR5 lowers the current output on lower resistant loads.

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #2,380 of 3,587
Hey all, I wonder if anyone could help me with an issue I have with my brand new BTR5 which I enjoy immensely so far...
When I connect it to my phones through USB with the usb-c to usb-c cable that came with my Pixel 3a it works just fine. But the plugs are a little loose and with the slightest move it disconnects from the phone (especially on my older Xiaomi MiA1 which is a bit worn-out). So, I tried another usb-c to usb-c cable from Baseus, a Type-C CATKLF-G91, 3A 60W, PD2.0 which I have used for some time now to charge anything usb-c and is tighter... But, it doesn't work. BTR5 doesn't recognize it and phones play from their speakers instead...
Could there be something wrong with the cable or are specific usb-c cables needed to work and Google's is one of them?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #2,381 of 3,587
Hey all, I wonder if anyone could help me with an issue I have with my brand new BTR5 which I enjoy immensely so far...
When I connect it to my phones through USB with the usb-c to usb-c cable that came with my Pixel 3a it works just fine. But the plugs are a little loose and with the slightest move it disconnects from the phone (especially on my older Xiaomi MiA1 which is a bit worn-out). So, I tried another usb-c to usb-c cable from Baseus, a Type-C CATKLF-G91, 3A 60W, PD2.0 which I have used for some time now to charge anything usb-c and is tighter... But, it doesn't work. BTR5 doesn't recognize it and phones play from their speakers instead...
Could there be something wrong with the cable or are specific usb-c cables needed to work and Google's is one of them?

Probably the second usb cable did you use isn't an otg cable... you need otg cable to connect the btr5.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #2,382 of 3,587
Probably the second usb cable did you use isn't an otg cable... you need otg cable to connect the btr5.
Thanks for your time but none of the cables I can find online say they are OTG, how would anyone know?
And they all say they support high speed data transfer... Mine says up to 480Mbps.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #2,383 of 3,587
For my BTR 5 i still use a AmazonBasic Usb-C to Usb-C cable and it works flawlessly.

AmazonBasic USB-C cable

Also the Fiio Usb-C to Usb-A Otg cable do the job well with the Usb cable of my phone.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #2,384 of 3,587
For my BTR 5 i still use a AmazonBasic Usb-C to Usb-C cable and it works flawlessly.

AmazonBasic USB-C cable

Also the Fiio Usb-C to Usb-A Otg cable do the job well with the Usb cable of my phone.
It must be a faulty cable, it only charges, no data going through... And they don't even accept responsibility from the shop cause a few months passed since it was bought.... Bummer.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #2,385 of 3,587
It must be a faulty cable, it only charges, no data going through... And they don't even accept responsibility from the shop cause a few months passed since it was bought.... Bummer.

If you suspect that this cable is faulty i suggest you to not use it with your brand new btr5 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back