[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #1,368 of 3,639
Can you show the seeting of ASIO, SACD and the Components are you used ?...Maybe my foobar component is differe
nt

There isn't much setting to show you. In Jriver, just go to Tools > Option > Audio > Audio Device > (select FiiO ASIO as output), then a few line down there, select Bitstreaming: Yes (DSD) - All done, the rest of the settings are left in default.

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #1,369 of 3,639
Sadly I can't answer any of your questions I'm just curious how the cat broke your DAP
I put it on the charger cable and they managed to drop it on the floor when I was away. They then apparently played around with it, I found it under the couch after a long search.
Tried to power it on but the no power sign came on, put it back on the charger cable but it wouldn't charge, sometimes for a sec when I fiddle the connector a bit, I assume the connector leads have come loose inside the XDP as a result of their joyful play...

Apr 15, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #1,370 of 3,639
Can the Fiio BTR5 balanced output (240mW - 2.8V - at 32 Ω loaded) drive a Sennheiser HD-600 (300 Ohms)?
I have seen some people saying that it is possible (zreviews and headphonesty.com), but I also heard a lot of people here at head-fi.org saying that it's not possible.
*I don't care too much about the maximum volume. I usually listen to classical music at a moderate volume. My only concern is about the sound quality.

Has anybody test this setup?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #1,371 of 3,639
I thought the MSRP was 110ish, wasn't it?
Yup, $109.95, and I actually saw FiiO as a seller on Amazon selling them out at that price, then the prices went up again as production stopped and BTR5's were scarce. But, I didn't see FiiO raise the price from $109.99 until now.

It's disappointing that the price has stabilized around $139.99, especially from FiiO, but if FiiO can't keep up production to meet demand the price of the BTR5 will remain high - especially when their distributors are also selling at $139.99. All of the sellers of the BTR5 on AliExpress are at $139.99 or higher now.

Amazon: $139.95 (Sold by All About Office and Fulfilled by Amazon)
HiFiGo: $129.99 (discounted from $149.99)
AliExpress Wholesale: lowest I see is $139.99, some higher
Walmart: $109.99... but it's Out of Stock

Perhaps Walmart will get more in, or FiiO will release a batch of BTR5's on Amazon at $109.99...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,373 of 3,639
Can the Fiio BTR5 balanced output (240mW - 2.8V - at 32 Ω loaded) drive a Sennheiser HD-600 (300 Ohms)?
I have seen some people saying that it is possible (zreviews and headphonesty.com), but I also heard a lot of people here at head-fi.org saying that it's not possible.
*I don't care too much about the maximum volume. I usually listen to classical music at a moderate volume. My only concern is about the sound quality.

Yes, it will drive it. Will it get as much out of it as an OTL tube amp or a high quality desktop amp? No, which might be what people mean about it not being possible, but let's be realistic the BTR5 is for portability and convenience while still sounding good

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #1,374 of 3,639

I listen to HD650 using unbalanced output (the max volume won't be too high) so I see no problem with balanced one.

Apr 17, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #1,376 of 3,639
That was me. Haven’t got round to sending mine back yet as wasn’t given any idea of how long I would be without it given the need to post it to China from the UK. Will be interested to know how long yours takes to be looked at.
Mine arrived with Advanced MP3 Players as an RMA return today.
I'll let you know how long a replacement takes!

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #1,378 of 3,639
Apr 18, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #1,379 of 3,639
Hi. I'm considering BTR5 as my "ultimate solution" for portable/mobile DAC because its support as an USB DAC. Have a few questions though (I tried searching through this thread but had no luck)

1. When connected to a phone in USB DAC mode. Will BTR5 use the phone power or its own battery? I think it charges off computer power when connected to a computer.

2. The only way to connect to an iPhone in USB DAC mode is via a Lightning -> USB Camera Adapter right?

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #1,380 of 3,639
Hi. I'm considering BTR5 as my "ultimate solution" for portable/mobile DAC because its support as an USB DAC. Have a few questions though (I tried searching through this thread but had no luck)

1. When connected to a phone in USB DAC mode. Will BTR5 use the phone power or its own battery? I think it charges off computer power when connected to a computer.

2. The only way to connect to an iPhone in USB DAC mode is via a Lightning -> USB Camera Adapter right?

1. you can decide, but it is better to turn charging off on the Btr5 settings.

2. Afaik, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back