[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #842 of 3,639
Have a cheapo £15 balanced coming tomorrow for the K10U.

I think most cables are decent in conductivity and that's what's important. Even the cheapest I've tried had 0 resistance on a multimeter. So I think what you get from better cables is mostly better build quality and flexibility from better coverings and such.

They should sound fine

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #843 of 3,639
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #846 of 3,639
BTR3 nothing special and I had BT issues.
BTR5 on par with a great DAC/AMP and best BT.

I was going to reply that unless you want balanced then the BTR3 would be fine but then you reminded me that I switched to the ES100 because I had endless issues with losing the BT signal and sometimes with the phone in my pocket even. Granted it turned out that it was partly the reputably bad BT in my LGv30 but I switched to a BTR1 for a short time before the ES100 (to get balanced) and even the BTR1 had a better BT connection than the BTR3. The BTR5 has had no issues with connection and I think it’s even better than the ES100.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #847 of 3,639
Has anyone used this in there car, by plugging into the AUX cable of there sound system? Currently have a parrot system, which unfortunately doesn't have any of the top BT codecs, such as AAC.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #849 of 3,639
Was covered further back I think. Once driver is installed the likes of Tidal/Spotify/AmazonHD play at tracks standard rate (And BTR5 screen shows it too).

I found out what my problem was.
The BTR5 was connected while installing the driver, which lead to not installing the driver correctly.
Now it is recognized as Q-Series and offers me 24 bit again and also an AISO driver.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #851 of 3,639
So you'd say it's definitely worth the upgrade to go balanced for the Blon?

For the small price of the cable I'd say yes, the balanced has a bigger stage and everything is tighter. Of course the blon doesn't need the extra power, but even at the same relative volume you get more headroom. It's not night and day, but it's noticable.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #852 of 3,639
For the small price of the cable I'd say yes, the balanced has a bigger stage and everything is tighter. Of course the blon doesn't need the extra power, but even at the same relative volume you get more headroom. It's not night and day, but it's noticable.
Alright! It appears that I already have a balanced cable, haha! Just a 3.5mm one... Any good adapters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back