[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #2,881 of 3,637
Dear friend,

Since the issue could not be solved by yourself, you could consider contacting your seller for help first.
But if he could not help, you could contact support@fiio.com about that and send it back to us in China for replacement.

Best regards
Hi,

Way too late. It was packed and sent back for refund. You still have a major issue on your hand though that need to be fixed for your other customers. At least do an official statement to avoid using the "FiiO Control EQ" till you find an adequate solution. As for me, i'll avoid FiiO for quite some time.

Regards.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #2,883 of 3,637
The single-ended 3.5mm is however a little bland sounding - not bad per se and definitely better than BTR3, there is however nothing truly remarkable to speak of. For those who only intended to use the 3.5mm output for music listening, BTR5 might not be the best choice value wise.
Does anybody know if this issue was addressed in 2021 revision?

Jan 30, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #2,885 of 3,637
Just new to the forum. After a short and expensive crusade with TWS earbuds, decided to move up to next level, then I bought all at once BTA30 Pro, BTR5 2021 and FH3, had to buy BTR5 2021 twice since they sent by mistake lightning version instead of standard. BTR5 2021 works great with FH3, however it was unable to drive my 10 years old ATH-M40fs and HD280 Pro. BTR5 2021 currently has an issue working as USB DAC on my MACs where a crackling sound is present when I move the cursor or use safari or any other software on mac. Tried all ports without success. Will look into it by using a powered USB hub to see if this still happens, Also will test further on my Linux and windows 10 machines.
Working with my Samsung galaxy S21 G5 and G52 G5 has been flawless after a factory reset due some constant hiss present with regular samsung earbuds.
I will still try UP5 and Qudelix 5K soon. Also a Penon Fan audio IEM's, which were not available from amazon.
In general I'm satisfied with my FIIO products, FIIO support thru FIIO forums could be better, I made few posts there and nobody has answered yet.

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #2,886 of 3,637
Just new to the forum. After a short and expensive crusade with TWS earbuds, decided to move up to next level, then I bought all at once BTA30 Pro, BTR5 2021 and FH3, had to buy BTR5 2021 twice since they sent by mistake lightning version instead of standard. BTR5 2021 works great with FH3, however it was unable to drive my 10 years old ATH-M40fs and HD280 Pro. BTR5 2021 currently has an issue working as USB DAC on my MACs where a crackling sound is present when I move the cursor or use safari or any other software on mac. Tried all ports without success. Will look into it by using a powered USB hub to see if this still happens, Also will test further on my Linux and windows 10 machines.
Working with my Samsung galaxy S21 G5 and G52 G5 has been flawless after a factory reset due some constant hiss present with regular samsung earbuds.
I will still try UP5 and Qudelix 5K soon. Also a Penon Fan audio IEM's, which were not available from amazon.
In general I'm satisfied with my FIIO products, FIIO support thru FIIO forums could be better, I made few posts there and nobody has answered yet.
That sounds like ground loop which is weird as you don't have BTR5 or phones connected to power grid. Does it go away if you run MAC off battery.
If it does, something like Ebtech Hum-X can solve the issue.

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #2,887 of 3,637
That sounds like ground loop which is weird as you don't have BTR5 or phones connected to power grid. Does it go away if you run MAC off battery.
If it does, something like Ebtech Hum-X can solve the issue.
BTR5 2001 was actually running off battery on my MBP(MAC), didn't try with a MAC PSU yet. BTA30 Pro on the other hand worked flawlessly as USB DAC on same MAC running off battery.

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #2,888 of 3,637
You may check whether the setting in UAPP is not correct? The other users try the UAPP and it works(Remember to insert the headphone to the BTR5 first):
1641542297390.png

Best regards
How did you get to pass 48khz mode in BTR5 2021 when using USB DAC mode as shown on pic?. I'm using Tidal Master and HIFI modes on latest android OS on my Samsung galaxy G52 G5 phone and still can't get pass 48khz in USB DAC mode as shown on BTR5 2021 screen, it's locked to that bitrate, already tried entering menus to see if there was an option to switch to 96khz or MQA mode. I already purchased USB Audio player pro app(UAPP) and set it to use Hires Direct driver instead of original android driver. Trying to use MQA mode in Tidal with a HIFI plus subscription. What I'm missing here?

Feb 1, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #2,889 of 3,637
It's UAPP. :wink:

Tested with my 2020 BTR5, the display shows 88.2kHz when playing "Celine Dion - Ashes" (MQA-track) over UAPP. (Out of my Xperia 1 iii with Android 12).

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #2,890 of 3,637
It's UAPP. :wink:

Tested with my 2020 BTR5, the display shows 88.2kHz when playing "Celine Dion - Ashes" (MQA-track) over UAPP. (Out of my Xperia 1 iii with Android 12).
Thanks for the heads up, so it's basically useless having Tidal HIFI plus service with a BTR5 2021 until
FIIO releases a XMOS firmware update.
Have to go to HDtracks and spend some $$$ on buying some albums to test MQA and HiRes.
My IEM's first experience is getting a bit expensive.:wink:

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #2,891 of 3,637
Thanks for the heads up, so it's basically useless having Tidal HIFI plus service with a BTR5 2021 until
FIIO releases a XMOS firmware update.
Have to go to HDtracks and spend some $$$ on buying some albums to test MQA and HiRes.
My IEM's first experience is getting a bit expensive.:wink:
I don't own the 2021 BTR5, so i can't test it on my Surface with exclusive mode.

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #2,892 of 3,637
@FiiO - Why your apps updates are so slow on Google Play ?
It happens to have a Huawei P30 phones and in Huawei App Gallery there are newer versions of them, but nothing new in Google Play even if they are released few weeks ago in App Gallery.

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #2,893 of 3,637
Fiio, Thank you!
Dear friend,

The Bluetooth system firmware could not be updated. But the XMOS firmware could be updated. Our engineers are still working for this firmware.

Best regards
@FiiO, could you give us an update about this fix? It should be a severity one bug fix, as the product you sold is not working as it should.
You officially recognized this issue almost one month ago!

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #2,895 of 3,637
@FiiO, could you give us an update about this fix? It should be a severity one bug fix, as the product you sold is not working as it should.
You officially recognized this issue almost one month ago!
Dear friend,

We have reported this problem to MQA and located the issue. If everything goes well, the new XMOS firmware for BTR5 2021 will be released this month. And you could still use the UAPP app in Android mobile phone for help or play MQA in PC/iOS version Tidal app.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back