[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #451 of 3,639
I posted the 'FiiO Control' app awhile ago in this thread. Use that instead of the 'FiiO Music' app for controlling BTR5 and the music won't stop when the app is used.

Yep, but unfortunately that does not exist for iOS, only for Android....:triportsad:

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #454 of 3,639
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #456 of 3,639
This might already be discussed before, so I am so sorry to ask this again.

Does using BTR5 in windows 10 usb dac mode have any delay/output lag in audio? Also, I saw somewhere that it has 2 usb dac modes. What are the differences between those 2 modes?

I used to have BTR3 and it didn't show any sign of delay in usb dac mode, at least for non-FPS gaming.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #457 of 3,639
This might already be discussed before, so I am so sorry to ask this again.

Does using BTR5 in windows 10 usb dac mode have any delay/output lag in audio? Also, I saw somewhere that it has 2 usb dac modes. What are the differences between those 2 modes?

I used to have BTR3 and it didn't show any sign of delay in usb dac mode, at least for non-FPS gaming.

USB DAC generally has no lag. If it does, it is almost certainly broken.

USB Audio Class 1 supports on up to 24bit 96kHz and doesn't need software driver. With Windows, you want USB audio Class 2 for higher bitrate support, though you also need to install the FiiO driver.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #461 of 3,639
Just ordered a few days ago.
Time will tell how long the delivery needs.
I can wait for that to come. :)

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #463 of 3,639
One question to the people who own this little bluetooth fella. I have the Q5s and as far as I know, the equalizer settings don't work outside the Fiio Music app, since I only use and plan to use Spotify, render useless any equalizer setting for the Q5s. What about the BTR5? Would the settings will also work only within the Fiio Music App?

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #464 of 3,639
One question to the people who own this little bluetooth fella. I have the Q5s and as far as I know, the equalizer settings don't work outside the Fiio Music app, since I only use and plan to use Spotify, render useless any equalizer setting for the Q5s. What about the BTR5? Would the settings will also work only within the Fiio Music App?
I use eq on my Nintendo switch, Tidal, and whatever else I connect it to. Just doesn't work with LDAC, but APTX-HD and lower, EQ will be applied.

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #465 of 3,639
If you set EQ, it will be stored in the Btr5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back