[FiiO BTR3K] Balanced High-Fidelity Bluetooth Amp(Questionnaire About Upgrading the BTR3K updated in 2023-6-14)
Jun 2, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #151 of 403
I completely agree. I haven't really tested my BTR3k vs my Galaxy S10. But definitely I feel that with my BTR3k vs my RadSone ES100, my ES100 wins hands down on SQ, especially when I start to increase the volume.

Not to mention the BTR3k call volume disappears when using apps like Microsoft Teams on my S10 (forcing me to reboot the BTR3k). The ES100 has no problems.
Sighhh. Good to know I'm not crazy, but also kind of a bummer that the BTR3k isn't my thing. Do you find that your ES100 sounds better than just directly out of your phone?

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #152 of 403
I followed the steps to upgrade the firmware of the FiiO BTR3K and it didn't work. Always make an error before starting the installation. An installer warning appears saying you cannot proceed.
@FiiO
The same here , can't update.
Always get an error message.
Hi,

Please try to turn off the anti-virus software and download the firmware again for check. If the issue still remains, please send some screenshoot to us for confirming your issue.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 2, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #153 of 403
Video FAQ:
How to use FiiO BTR3K as USB DAC for Windows computer

We are making some video FAQ for help using our product. If you have more suggestion about that, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 2, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #154 of 403
Sighhh. Good to know I'm not crazy, but also kind of a bummer that the BTR3k isn't my thing. Do you find that your ES100 sounds better than just directly out of your phone?

I do yes. The ES100 is a incredible product. Wait till you start using the app, the limit is endless.

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #160 of 403
I prefer the BTR5 to the ES100 because the BTR5 has a bit more power when used balanced. Ultimately SQ is the same. The ES100 has an app that is crazy functional.
Ah alright. Well I might just have to forget about my brief journey into Bluetooth DACs and go back to my DragonFly then haha. I've heard the BRT5 is a little better than the 3k I got and honestly, this thing barely sounds better than having my headphones straight in my computer and definitely worse than having my headphones plugged into my phone. It looks really cool though! haha

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #161 of 403
Ok I guess maybe I should return the BTR and give the ES100 a try. Would you be able to post a photo of the two together so I can compare them sizewise?

I don't but they're both tiny. You won't notice ANY difference, regardless of the tiny difference in shape. Both are featherweight

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #162 of 403
Just curious - anyone here who has a BTR3K and a nintendo switch - can you test to see if the nintendo switch lets you use it as a usb dac? I know the regular BTR3 does, and the es100 does.

I also know that the btr5 does not. I would be much appreciated! This is sorta the last part that I need in order to figure out which direction I am going in.

EDIT: Actually there have been a few updates from fiio AND the switch since I was able to test the BTR5. If anyone has a btr5 and a switch I would love if someone could test that too...

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #163 of 403
I've heard the BRT5 is a little better than the 3k I got and honestly, this thing barely sounds better than having my headphones straight in my computer and definitely worse than having my headphones plugged into my phone. It looks really cool though! haha

Fwiw, that hasn't been my experience. The BTR3K sounds great to me (via LDAC). I could only do brief comparisons with my ES100 since it is having issues, but I'll see if I can do that.

Some other things I really like about the BTR3K are (a) the buttons are functional and (b) the case is very functional. I quite like the app as well (sometimes less is more lol).

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #164 of 403
@FiiO

The update is not working.
Here is the error text
Ανατρέξτε στο τέλος αυτού του μηνύματος για περισσότερες πληροφορίες σχετικά με την κλήση του
εντοπισμού σφαλμάτων just-in-time (JIT) αντί για αυτό το παράθυρο διαλόγου.

************** Κείμενο εξαίρεσης **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Η εφαρμογή απέτυχε να ξεκινήσει επειδή η ρύθμιση παραμέτρων σε παράθεση δεν είναι σωστή. Για περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες, ανατρέξτε στο αρχείο καταγραφής συμβάντων ή χρησιμοποιήστε το εργαλείο γραμμής εντολών sxstrace.exe
σε System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
σε System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
σε System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
σε System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
σε CSRBluetoothDfu.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
σε System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Συγκροτήσεις που έχουν φορτωθεί **************
mscorlib
Έκδοση συγκρότησης: 4.0.0.0
Έκδοση Win32: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FiiOBluetoothDfu
Έκδοση συγκρότησης: 1.0.0.1
Έκδοση Win32: 1.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/peter/Downloads/BTR3K-FW1.2%20(1)/FiiOBluetoothDfu.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Έκδοση Win32: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Έκδοση Win32: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_el_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_el_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Εντοπισμός σφαλμάτων JIT **************
Για να ενεργοποιήσετε τον εντοπισμό σφαλμάτων just-in-time (JIT), το αρχείο .config
για αυτή την εφαρμογή ή για τον υπολογιστή (machine.config)
πρέπει να έχει για το jitDebugging την τιμή που έχει οριστεί στην ενότητα system.windows.forms.
Η εφαρμογή πρέπει επίσης να μεταγλωττιστεί
με ενεργοποιημένο τον εντοπισμό σφαλμάτων.

Για παράδειγμα:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Όταν είναι ενεργοποιημένος ο εντοπισμός σφαλμάτων JIT, οποιαδήποτε εξαίρεση
που δεν είναι δυνατό να αντιμετωπιστεί θα στέλνεται στο πρόγραμμα εντοπισμού σφαλμάτων JIT που είναι καταχωρημένο στον υπολογιστή
αντί να αντιμετωπίζεται μέσω αυτού του παραθύρου διαλόγου.

It seems that the program is for 32bit windows and not 64bit?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #165 of 403
Fwiw, that hasn't been my experience. The BTR3K sounds great to me (via LDAC). I could only do brief comparisons with my ES100 since it is having issues, but I'll see if I can do that.

Some other things I really like about the BTR3K are (a) the buttons are functional and (b) the case is very functional. I quite like the app as well (sometimes less is more lol).
glad you're liking yours. I really wanted to like mine, but I've been A/Bing the last two days and I really feel that even wired it kinda chokes the dynamic of my IEMs. it adds a lot of weight to the bass and drums, but takes away the richness. going to try to return or sell I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back