FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #1,351 of 1,870
Nice. My BTR3 arrived 2 days ago. Why anyone would buy a BT Cable when they could get a short cable and and full dac / amp is beyond me/ This thing rocks

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,352 of 1,870
Yes, you could use the BTR3 while charging still. But it is recommended to use it after charging fully.

Best regards
Just got my BTR3 and must say the audio is great, as close to a cable as you're going to get. I love the form, the convenience when out and about but man, the amount of signal drop is terrible. It doesn't matter what device I'm paired with... Phone, tablet, or DAP / DAC unless the two devices are beside each other with direct line of sight the audio just drops. As I write this, the BTR3 is clipped to my shirt, my audio player is in my pocket I'm sitting in my living room and every time I turn my head, audio drops. When it works it's lovely or about 50% of the time. Have I got a dud? @FiiO any chance of a FW pdate to BT 5.0? The chip is capable.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #1,354 of 1,870
I've tried all of them but the differences are so subtle that I'm not sure I heard any difference really

Attachments

• Digital Filter Settings.jpg
    Digital Filter Settings.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,355 of 1,870
Jun 10, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #1,356 of 1,870
My BTR3 can't turn on by button press or even when plugging in directly to a charger or pc.
Is another one else having the same issue?
It seems to turn on if I leave it in the charger long enough. But when it does, it dies again quickly.
Its only 6 months old :frowning2:

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #1,357 of 1,870
is there any reason I need to get this if I have an m11

the only time I use Bluetooth is when I'm working out or when I don't want to mess with my wiress and my hands are busy

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #1,359 of 1,870
Just got my BTR3 and must say the audio is great, as close to a cable as you're going to get. I love the form, the convenience when out and about but man, the amount of signal drop is terrible. It doesn't matter what device I'm paired with... Phone, tablet, or DAP / DAC unless the two devices are beside each other with direct line of sight the audio just drops. As I write this, the BTR3 is clipped to my shirt, my audio player is in my pocket I'm sitting in my living room and every time I turn my head, audio drops. When it works it's lovely or about 50% of the time. Have I got a dud? @FiiO any chance of a FW pdate to BT 5.0? The chip is capable.
Maybe it's your other devices not the BTR3?

I can go 30ft from my ipad air with the BTR3 in my pocket without any issues.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,360 of 1,870
Exactly the reasons I got one. What this thing does is
Maybe it's your other devices not the BTR3?

I can go 30ft from my ipad air with the BTR3 in my pocket without any issues.
I think the issue may be when I'm connected to 2 Devices. Turned Bluetooth off everything except the phone I'm using right now and it's improved. I'll try a couple of different scenarios over the next couple of days to be sure.
Would still love to see the FW update to BT5.0 though. Radstone did it with the ES100, @FiiO should be able to do it with this. I know it doesnt change the sound, but it does improve ranges and battery consumption.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,362 of 1,870
Yep. Disabled it and just stick to LDAC which sounds about as close to a cabe as. I think we're going to get

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #1,363 of 1,870
Dear friend,

Are you using the LDAC Bluetooth codec?

Best regards

Is it normal for LHDC to stutter when the screen is off? I'm using the Fiio App

Yep. Disabled it and just stick to LDAC which sounds about as close to a cabe as. I think we're going to get

Hmm....I really want to experience LHDC, see if it's much different with LDAC. Do you hear any difference between LDAC vs AptX?

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,364 of 1,870
H U G E difference between LDAC and Aptx. and a smaller but still noticeable difference from Aptx HD. LDAC is the bomb for wireless BT

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #1,365 of 1,870
LHDC stutters like crazy for me. Anyone experience the same?
LHDC performs very poorly with the BTR3 IME. Stick with LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back