FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #317 of 1,870
Thanks for the answer. My TV is android and it has 3.5 jack audio output. In which btr3's input I have to connect the TV?
hmmm, so what exactly are you wanting to do? if you just want your TV to play music to your BTR3 so you can use headphones or whatever, just go into your android TV's settings turn on bluetooth and connect to the BTR3.

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #322 of 1,870
For people that have a unit already what is the microphone quality like?
Very clean and clear. Had no issues taking business calls with it

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #323 of 1,870
Wow. Got mine few days ago and been putting it through tests, and so far BTR3 is checking all the right boxes.

Pitch black noise floor
Mac volume & mute controls actually work
Onboard volume control, to avoid ear-shattering accidents
No drivers necessary
AptX and LDAC
Tiny

Now, the only issue I have with BTR3 is when using it as a USB DAC. When my macbook goes to sleep / screensaver BTR3 auto shuts off. Waking up the PC does not wake up BTR3. I have to manually turn power on, hear the annoying "startup" sound, and tripple-tap to switch back to the USB mode, every single time. Quite annoying tbh.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #324 of 1,870
My BTR3 from AliExpress/Fiio Store just arrived this afternoon. I also got an ES100 during Amazon's Dotd last week...so will be comparing them over the next couple of weeks. I am initially quite pleased with both.

The BTR3 is more nicely made...glass and metal rather than mostly plastic...but I have no reason to think the ES100 is not plenty sturdy.

It is too early for me to make sound comparisons. But there are a couple of advantages I see already in the ES100.

1st. The ES100 app allows for a lot more customization at this point. I can choose the codec as well as EQ/Ambiance curves and save them. I see that the Fiio Music app on my Android phone should allow me to do this at some point..but I have downloaded the current release version (1.0?) from the Google store, and it does not yet have that option. So far as I can tell there are not yet either adjustments for or feedback on the BTR3...so I cannot view its firmware etc.

In addition, my Android Phone (Moto G5s Plus on Android 7.1.1) does not provide me with any Bluetooth Codec selection options...even in developer mode. Perhaps I just have missed that...but it is not listed in the Developer Options page or in the Fiio App. Any ideas how to do it?

On the plus side...the Fiio Music App seems to enable LHDC in my Moto Phone. The LED pulses Green when playing from FMapp....and the phones Bluetooth Volume control has no effect within the app...so perhaps there is software coding going on. I did not know that was possible...is it a bug or a feature?

The BTR gets plenty loud for me and controls the phones I have tried quite well.

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #325 of 1,870
my Android Phone (Moto G5s Plus on Android 7.1.1) does not provide me with any Bluetooth Codec selection options...even in developer mode. Perhaps I just have missed that...but it is not listed in the Developer Options page or in the Fiio App. Any ideas how to do it?
You won't be able to, without Android 8 (Oreo). There are reports on the web that Motorola is just starting to roll out Android 8 to the G5S. You'll have more Bluetooth options after your phone is updated.

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #326 of 1,870
Hi folks,

Anyone knows if is it possible to connect the Fiio BTR3 to Chord Mojo?

My idea is to use BTR3 as a Chord Poly, sending music from streaming services directly to Mojo. In that way, I'd need to connect Fiio and Mojo using the 3.5mm.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
B

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #330 of 1,870
Pretty sure Mojo doesn't have an analog input, so no, it won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back