1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by FiiO, Aug 8, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. redrich2000
    Aha, no wonder. I misread the specs as 10.4cm long and 5.8cm wide. It's 5.8 long 1.04 thick and 2.5 wide.
    Fit's perfectly on the H6 headband.

2. Ggroch
    I have not complaints about the clip and think Fiio made the right decisions on this. I own other small BT adapters and some (like the ES100) lack the spring tension to make them secure, and others with removable clips are by necessity a bit bulkier and less ridged. Plus I am not organized enough to want one more detachable piece to lose. Its a great design and plenty small enough.

3. PeterMac
    Someone know how to easy open this BTR3 if battery will died in future :) and what battery exactly it use ?

I tested Bluetooth range of this BTR3, and I have to say it's not great.
    In my kitchen, bathroom not even play, compare to my Panasonic RP-HF400 which play fine there, also even in next room it's start to cut music.
    Little dissapointed with range of this device, I heard that BTR1 is even worse.
    I wanted use it with Sennheiser HD599 at home and listen music wirelessly in my home and replace my Panasonic RP-HF400 headphones.

@FiiO - please release alternative firmware with auto power off if nothing playing for let's say 5 minutes, without this stand-by mode. PLEASE

Also where I can buy additional battery replacment for it ?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Travors likes this.
  4. ezekiel77
    Travors, alphak and Alphasoixante like this.
  5. Sp12er3
    BTW is updating the firmware worth it? What's to be gained from it, and is there a risk while doing it?

6. ezekiel77
    The added features are mentioned here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/get-your-fiio-btr3-upgraded-to-the-latest-firmware-v0912.889251/, although all units from October 12 onwards won't need to perform this update since they'll be preloaded.

As for the risk, I took 3 attempts before success. If it didn't work as the instructions said I unplugged the BTR3 and started over again.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  7. Sp12er3
    Mine do automatically change to DAC function without me pressing the power button, does that mean it already got the new firmware? I have no idea how to check which version I'm having, I did buy them after 12 Oct, but it may be from an older stock.

Also, how do I change the source mode to not automatic? Sometimes they changed mode way too often, (by app notification, the keyboard sound effect of my iPhone, override and change the source) way too fussy.

I wish they make both the automatic and manual active at the same time.

8. amrbadrawy
    I wonder how the F9 pro will sound when combined with the BTR3, I know that the F9 is a bit harsh in the high range (Some complained about fatigue too), does the BTR3 tam this harshness down and add more emphasis on the bass?

9. Ggroch
    I certainly hope not.

The BTR3 is designed to pass through flat accurate sound and not to add or subtract any emphasis. I have not noticed any significant tonal change on mine. The ability to modify the sound would be a nice optional addition. The ES100 lets you control equalization as well as choose between different digital filters in their app. It would be nice if when implemented the Fiio Music App would have that capability...but it would not be nice if it imposes inaccurate tonal adjustments without your input.

10. Saltjo
    Hi.
    I need some help: Since I used the BTR3 with my Sony Xperia x compact over bluetooth I cannot use the mobile with a headphone cord any more - regardless of bluetooth activated or not. There is no output. BTR3 and loudspeaker work fine. I already tried a restart of btr3 and xperia without success. Is there a setting where I can activate it again? Can anyone help me, please?
    Thanks in advance!

11. redrich2000
    I've just updated the firmware. Others should note, the device did not appear under the USB list in Device Manager as suggested in the instructions, it appeared as a connected device in DFU mode in Control Panel though and the update tool worked.

12. hotdog108
    I've noticed my BTR3 getting progressively louder recently after the firmware upgrade. Not in a bad way, just wasn't expecting this behavior. Prior to the upgrade, I keep the BTR3 at max volume and lower my iPhone volume to 2 clicks, the volume was low enough that I can wear my CIEM in one ear in the office and still be able to carry a normal conversation. Now the same volume setting almost matches the iPhone volume at 4 clicks prior to the upgrade, so I have to lower it to 1 click on the iPhone. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Again, not a bad thing per-se, just curious behavior that I've noticed.

Travors likes this.
  13. PeterMac
    How to open this BTR3 if battery will died in future to not break a glass :) and what battery exactly it use ?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Travors likes this.
  14. Darkestred
    I havent experienced the loudness issue perse. What i have experienced is once or twice i have paused and unpaused or received a phone call and when going back to the music it was noticeably lower. Either the master volume got lowered on the phone or...because when i pressed volume up once on my phone it was LOUD.

Travors likes this.
  15. Sp12er3
    How to check which firmware version my BTR3 is currently in?

Travors likes this.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last