FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jan 11, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #271 of 803
Have you heard of the Xiaomi bluetooth receiver? Though it is not as good as BTR1 in term of sound qualify and battery life (~4-5 hours), it does exactly what you wanted. The in-line remote on the headset works perfectly. It is also much cheaper than BTR1.

But exactly the sound quality is what appealed to me. The Fiio F9 Pro are growing day by day for me. I don't want to sacrifice much from the quality of the sound. I mean, in the battle of wireless vs sound quality... well, the sound wins without a doubt, even in subway transit.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #272 of 803
Think you are right. Might be i'm using spotify. Volume button changes the volume on the btr1 only. The volume on the phone stay the same.

Volume button on BTR1 can be used to change the volume, and if you press and hold Vol+ it will change to the next track, Vol- will go back.

The center button is for Play/Pause and quick double tap enables sorround.

If your TRRS earphones have a mic and buttons, they all are inert when connected to BTR1

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #273 of 803
Volume button on BTR1 can be used to change the volume, and if you press and hold Vol+ it will change to the next track, Vol- will go back.

The center button is for Play/Pause and quick double tap enables sorround.

If your TRRS earphones have a mic and buttons, they all are inert when connected to BTR1

Dear friend,

Thanks for the good explanation. Just need to correct one point: hold Vol+ it will change to the pre track, Vol- will go next. :gs1000smile:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #275 of 803
Thanks for the good explanation. Just need to correct one point: hold Vol+ it will change to the pre track, Vol- will go next. :gs1000smile:

Fwiw, I for one would find "Vol+ = next" and "Vol- = prev" to be more intuitive.

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #279 of 803
I think they made this choice as a precaution, to avoid that a bad manipulation of the button would cause a violent increase in the sound.

I'm just referring to the choice of buttons for next/prev. Right now it is "vol-(long) = next" and "vol+(long)=prev". I think it would make more sense for "vol+(long) = next" and "vol-(long)=prev". That's all.

As a side note, I actually enjoy using the "sound effects" feature. Does that make me a bad head-fier? :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #281 of 803
I think they made this choice as a precaution, to avoid that a bad manipulation of the button would cause a violent increase in the sound.

Fwiw, I may have misunderstood you. Were you saying that they may have done that intentionally because "people will more often be wanting to advance to the 'next'" song, so let's use the Vol-(long) for 'next' so that if they make a mistake and don't hold it down long enough, then the volume will be lowered instead of increased". Is that what you meant?

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #283 of 803
So I received the BTR1 yesterday...
Skipping the good points I want to address an issue: when volume goes one step after the middle point there is a static high pitch noise. Subtle but audible. As volume goes up so is the annoying noise.

At first I heard it when paused the music and after a second disappeared. I thought that was because of some kind of an idle state that start after pausing the music and unfortunately I was right. I played an empty track and the noise it's audible as long the digital data (music) is transmitting.

I checked with 2 devices (Sony XC phone and iPad Mini 4) and worth 3 pairs of headphones (Momentum In-Ear, Fiio F9 and Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO). When testing the charging cable was not connected and also I tried to move away from electronics in the room.

So is this a faulty device?

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #284 of 803
Mine had the same static high pitch sound you mentioned. I only hear it when songs are paused and when just powered on. Its like a long high pitch beep that is quite annoying and abit too high that can be unbearable sometimes.

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #285 of 803
So I received the BTR1 yesterday...
Skipping the good points I want to address an issue: when volume goes one step after the middle point there is a static high pitch noise. Subtle but audible. As volume goes up so is the annoying noise.

At first I heard it when paused the music and after a second disappeared. I thought that was because of some kind of an idle state that start after pausing the music and unfortunately I was right. I played an empty track and the noise it's audible as long the digital data (music) is transmitting.

I checked with 2 devices (Sony XC phone and iPad Mini 4) and worth 3 pairs of headphones (Momentum In-Ear, Fiio F9 and Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO). When testing the charging cable was not connected and also I tried to move away from electronics in the room.

So is this a faulty device?

I don't hear any "static high pitch noise" at all. Maybe my ears aren't good enough. Or maybe yours are too good lol. Or maybe it has to do with what you are pairing up with (I am pairing up with Samsung S7) (edit: I now see that you tried with various devices). Or maybe you do indeed have a faulty unit.

Mine had the same static high pitch sound you mentioned. I only hear it when songs are paused and when just powered on. Its like a long high pitch beep that is quite annoying and abit too high that can be unbearable sometimes.

I do hear a high pitch beep after powering on. And also I think when the battery is getting low. I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to, but I don't think it's what grininja is referring to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back