[FiiO BTA30Pro] Create a Comprehensive Home Bluetooth System, FiiO's High Fidelity Bluetooth Transceiver BTA30 Pro!
Nov 20, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #46 of 372
Well, one question would be which device is the problem? Sounds like maybe the M11 Pro needs an update if it works on BTR5 and other receivers.
I was just able to successfully pair both my LC-BT2 and VMODA BT adapter, put that one off for too long, but was the first successful pairing I had. Maybe there's hope. So yeah, I wonder if the issue lies with the M11Pro, I checked the firmware and it seems up to date. I'm curious now if the original BTA30 also had this issue.

Also wanted to add that I had both LC-BT2 and the vmoda bt adapter connected at the same time to the BTA30Pro in TX mode and was playing music through both simultaneously.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #47 of 372
BTA 30 PRO arrived, set up was easy to PC via USB and to Phone to get set up in the Fiio Connect App (no Firmware updates yet).

Via USB it is seen as a hardware sound device (like a soundcard) so not sure why I cannot properly Play/Pause/Skip tracks via my Fiio LC-BT2's, when you press pause it pauses audio/mutes but track keeps playing in the player) as all controls work with my PC's own Bluetooth as it again is seen as a hardware sound device but obviously not external BT adapters that only connected via 3.5mm/Optical etc as they are dumb/blind devices (the PC does not see them only outputs sound to them).

I left it 32/96 (it can go all the way to 32/384 so I assume its 32 not 24 due to Dithering) as that is the limit of LDAC.

2021-11-26 (1).png

I was testing via my Fiio LC-BT2's which has really poor range on any codecs but more so LDAC (obviously) via this new device or my phone as some other reported it its dedicated thread.

The rest of my current earbuds are BT 5.2 and aptX Adaptive so will fall back to aptX if no separate aptX HD codec is in them unlike the B&W P14's had so that is the downside to aptX Adaptive where is made to sound like it will fall back to aptx HD but it will not and confirmed by Lenovo/Motorola CS.

Oh I almost forgot, does Fiio not know about "easy peel stickers", I will add the photos of the mess after I go a walk.

IMG_20211125_132112592.jpg

IMG_20211125_132517336.jpg

IMG_20211125_132628733.jpg

IMG_20211125_132723198.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #49 of 372
Oh I almost forgot, does Fiio not know about "easy peel stickers", I will add the photos of the mess after I go a walk.
Mine peeled off like a new mobile phone protector. But had me reading the printed text several times thinking it was a pre-use warning - it was not :)
I wonder if FiiO discovered that adhesive problem and changed it during manufacture to the one on mine.

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #50 of 372
I thought it was maybe the cold as it came all the way from China and I opened it up as soon as I got it today and it felt cold to the touch (it was factory sealed).

Got it off by leaving a piece of kitchen towel soaked in some Isopropyl Alcohol (99%) on the top for 2mins then using a pencil eraser (rubber) and it rolled off in bits.

Did not want to risk the WD40 trick due to the print/text/plastic LED covers on it.

Seems they sacrificed the proper Play/Pause function for Codec Switching on the device.

BTA 30:

Play/Pause: Under RX/TX mode, short press Button D.

3536884.png

BTA 30 PRO:

Play/Pause: In RX mode, short press button D.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 004048.png

Also needs a reconnect function instead of having to power it Off/On if the connection is dropped/lost.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #51 of 372
Seem they sacrificed the proper Play/Pause function for Input switching on the device.
Play/Pause: Under RX/TX mode, short press Button D
Also needs a reconnect function instead of having to power it Off/On if the connectin is dropped/lost.
Yes, I don't like the C/B button programming. Hold 5-secs to switch-off. Release button at 3-secs for pairing else it turns off at 5-secs.
Fortunately, the buttons programming should be easily improved in firmware updates.
Knowing now that it was an urgent technology switch due to component supply issues; I'm fine waiting for further improvements.
As it is, it's already my main BT transmitter in the house.

Nov 25, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #52 of 372
I corrected my error, that button Switches Codecs not Inputs sorry.

I am going to plug in my Avantree DG60 (buggy POS but the 2nd Revision they sent me) later, it was the only one to do aptX-HD at the time.

I cannot remember 100% if it lets you Play/Pause/Skip tracks as it is USB so seen as a hardware soundcard.

Seems it may work as of some comments on Amazon.

"This is what I was looking for.
Plugged into the usb on "music mode"connected fast to my QC ii headphones. I can even leave. I can go around my house and it doesn't cut and the best of all: the buttons of the headphone works through it. I can pause and control volume like it was a Bluetooth card instead of a dongle."

I would really like the BTA 30 Pro to do so.

EDIT: Nope the Avantree DG60 also did not control Pause/Play/Tracks etc.

EDIT: Bypass Mode is not what I thought above, it lets you connect a device via the cables/optical like say a set of speaker and still use Bluetooth Mode.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #54 of 372
The are not linked AFAIK (I will test later once earphones are connected), in that moving the BTA30 PRO's Volume dial/knob does not move the Windows Volume slider.

So if you are connected via USB yes you can adjust the volume via leaving the BTA30 PRO's Dial/Knob up full and using Windows Volume slider or ideally the other way around as the source should always be set to full (same for Optical), which can also be controlled by theBTA30 PRO's Volume Dial/Knob once you enable it via the FiiO Control App.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #55 of 372
I wouldn't expect the knob to be linked to the windows volume slider (i.e. moving one moves the other). I was only wondering about the scenario that you described where you set max volume on BTA and then control the volume in Windows. I think I read somewhere that controlling volume via Windows volume slider wasn't possible in the original BTA30 (not Pro). So glad to hear that this works with Pro. Thank you!

Nov 28, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #56 of 372
Yes the PRO does more (inc higher bitrate) via the USB port than the non PRO and I am sure it is in the info the FiiO REP posted or when he was asked the question.

https://www.fiio.com/bta30pro_comparisons < Main differences.

P.S AFAIK the Creative SoundBlaster X3/4 does control the Windows Volume Slider, at the end of the day it is connected via USB so should be able to if built with ability to program that in unlike when we just run audio cables to a blind/dumb device.

I would Max Windows and the BTA30 PRO's Volume's and control it via the end device (my FiiO LC-BT2 Neckband for now) and that is why that does not control Android's/Window's Volume as FiiO wanted it dedicated for the above reason which sometimes is a PIA (it would be nice to have the choice in the FiiO Control App for both ways).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #57 of 372
Per @helmutcheese's descriptions.
Some screenshots of FiiO control app from my phone.
Imo, the volume control seems quite well thought out on the BTA30 pro.

And, yes, there is no control of WIn10 directly from any of my BT dongle or TWS receivers' buttons
Not sure if that feature is firmware upgradeable; hope FiiO can chime in about it.

TX.jpg
RX-DAC.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #59 of 372
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 29, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #60 of 372
BTA 30 PRO arrived, set up was easy to PC via USB and to Phone to get set up in the Fiio Connect App (no Firmware updates yet).

Via USB it is seen as a hardware sound device (like a soundcard) so not sure why I cannot properly Play/Pause/Skip tracks via my Fiio LC-BT2's, when you press pause it pauses audio/mutes but track keeps playing in the player) as all controls work with my PC's own Bluetooth as it again is seen as a hardware sound device but obviously not external BT adapters that only connected via 3.5mm/Optical etc as they are dumb/blind devices (the PC does not see them only outputs sound to them).

I left it 32/96 (it can go all the way to 32/384 so I assume its 32 not 24 due to Dithering) as that is the limit of LDAC.

2021-11-26 (1).png

I was testing via my Fiio LC-BT2's which has really poor range on any codecs but more so LDAC (obviously) via this new device or my phone as some other reported it its dedicated thread.

The rest of my current earbuds are BT 5.2 and aptX Adaptive so will fall back to aptX if no separate aptX HD codec is in them unlike the B&W P14's had so that is the downside to aptX Adaptive where is made to sound like it will fall back to aptx HD but it will not and confirmed by Lenovo/Motorola CS.

IMG_20211125_132112592.jpg

IMG_20211125_132517336.jpg

IMG_20211125_132628733.jpg

IMG_20211125_132723198.jpg
Sorry about this problem, we have reported to the engineer for checking the stickers. :sob:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back