Fiio amps?
Aug 25, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #437 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Headphonia doesn't look all that better...besides, it's not worth building a custom cable for a $9 amp...

I was thinking that too however will a really cheap mini-to-mini cable from say a hardware/electronics store be better than the (supposedly) bad default one? If so, I might as well really...

Aug 25, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #439 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by berniebennybernard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Im just wondering if you can link me to the IC cable you bought? Or can anyone else recommend me a good aftermarket IC cable that I can use for the Fiio and future purposes?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Sure thing.

1/8" Mini Plug Stereo Cable Headphone Amplifier Cmoy - eBay (item 320288508829 end time Aug-25-08 19:04:03 PDT)

"The Headphonia doesn't look all that better...besides, it's not worth building a custom cable for a $9 amp... "

The Headphonia cable is better, in my opinion. I tested them both out, and I'm sticking with the Headphonia one. It also appears to be better quality than the one included with the E3. As for building your own, I wouldn't either, but I felt I should at least list it as an option.

All the best,
Brad

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #440 of 877
Thanks for the link, I bought one
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I'll figure out more things when I get another amp later on in the year, thanks again.

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #442 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by berniebennybernard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the link, I bought one
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I'll figure out more things when I get another amp later on in the year, thanks again.

You're welcome. Just glad I could help.

All the best,
Brad

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #443 of 877
12" is an odd size, its neither particularly long or very short.

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #447 of 877
I just bought 2 of these lil' guys; one white and one black. As soon as I heard about them I was instantly intrigued. After doing a little research I decided that it was certainly worth $8.50 to give one a try. The frequency response seems like it'll fit with my iM716 very nicely, and would allow me to listen to them on the go without worrying about damaging my iBasso D2, which, although portable, I don't like bringing around with me.

Then I started thinking about the little rig I was putting together for use at the office, and realized that a cheap little amp would be perfect for my setup! So, I added another...

I can't wait to try these things out. I'm definitely not expecting SQ that would rival my iBasso D2 by any stretch of the imagination, but for <$10, it can't hurt to give it a try!

FINALLY, an upgrade that DOESN'T make my wallet sweat!

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #448 of 877
I'm sorry but IMO, I don't believe anybody that says they noticed improved clarity from the Fiio with its included mini-to-mini. That thing is terrible. I tried the Fiio with 4 different headphones/buds/in-ears and did not notice improved clarity/detail anywhere with any headphone with that crappy little IC (on the contrary I noticed degradation of clarity). Increased bass and volume, yes. Clarity, hell no.

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #450 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by googan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry but IMO, I don't believe anybody that says they noticed improved clarity from the Fiio with its included mini-to-mini....

It is not the problem of the IC. It is the problem of the E3's frequency response.
SpectrumUSB.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back