FiiO AM3D-FiiO Releases the THX AAA Powered Headphone Amplifier Module AM3D
Sep 30, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #211 of 431
I can only speculate, but it is reasonable to suggest that with the 4.4mm balanced cable that comes with the660s you will find the AM3D able to drive it well and certainly significantly louder than your sound card. The quality of the sound from the Q5s/AM3E or AM3D is very, very good I feel and I have grown to prefer the AM3D as it is just so clean and controlled sounding. As it should be, the sound colouration that you will hear will be from the headphone and ever so little influence from the amp and DAC. That is how I hear it anyway. Throw in the very well implemented Bluetooth and you have quite the versatile little system that fits in your hand.

Thank you for answer.
Certainly I use it with balanced cable through 4.4mm, that's why I bought this DAC. I hope AM3D will better drive it, than AM3E. I didn't use regular sound card in past few years. The latest USB DAC (before Q5S/AM3E) was Apogee Groove and Chord Mojo. Both was louder, than FIIO with 660s.,
I know the difference between them, but I need a comparison between AM3E vs AM3D :) You have both (I think :) ), that's why I asked :)

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #213 of 431
I have the AM3E, AM3D, AM3B, AM3A and AM3. The difference between the E and D is very small. To me the D has the edge over the E. But you will be perfectly happy with the E, if you never knew the D version existed. I'm currently using the E with my IEM's.
s
Why are you using the e whit your iems

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #214 of 431
I know the difference between them, but I need a comparison between AM3E vs AM3D :) You have both (I think :) ), that's why I asked :)
The AM3E is somewhat warmer whereas the AM3D is more neutral and detail retrieval focused. As mentioned by another member, the AM3E is quite good so I would give it a try and see if it gives you the sound that you want. The AM3D has a very quiet background so unless you are using IEMs that are incredibly sensitive you should find the AM3D to have the blacker background, but we aren't talking night and day here.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #216 of 431
Did someone measured the output impedance of the am3d ?

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #218 of 431
@FiiO
What's the release date for AM3D for the UK's Amazon?

Six months since the announcement and still no sign of it around here. That's an interesting marketing strategy.

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #220 of 431
They were due in today at AMP3 but they are still showing as "out of stock"
I'd had it preordered there. Not anymore.

@FiiO
It would be nice if you show some appreciation of your customers. Windows 10 ASIO driver for Q5s has been broken for quite some time. Nobody takes measures. I happily gave you £349 for Q5s, which costs £309 now. I didn't complain, it's fantastic. Now I want to give you my money for AM3D, but you don't seem to want them. For how long do you think you can neglect your customers?

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #221 of 431
Some time ago AMP3 had a small amount of stock. I picked one up from Ali Express when Fiio first released a small stock. My guess is that manufacturing something that has such a small market is a challenge for FiiO. Also, I do have to stand up for FiiO. I have a X7ii that I purchased second hand from eBay. When the screen developed a problem, FiiO offered to fix it, if I sent it back to them. FiiO kept me up to date with tracking and let me know when the X7ii arrived. I am now waiting on news about the repair.

Oct 19, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #222 of 431
I'd had it preordered there. Not anymore.

@FiiO
It would be nice if you show some appreciation of your customers. Windows 10 ASIO driver for Q5s has been broken for quite some time. Nobody takes measures. I happily gave you £349 for Q5s, which costs £309 now. I didn't complain, it's fantastic. Now I want to give you my money for AM3D, but you don't seem to want them. For how long do you think you can neglect your customers?

I suspect that it is more likely to be a problem caused by FiiO rather than AMP3, who say today that they are awaiting updates from FiiO

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #223 of 431
There could also be a supply problem with the THX AAA chip itself. Production capacity might be less than demand and for certain FiiO is not the only company buying and signing contracts.

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #224 of 431
All of those are valid points but I still don't have AM3D, also FiiO updated the firmware for Q5s, but the ASIO is still not active.

Oct 19, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #225 of 431
All of those are valid points but I still don't have AM3D, also FiiO updated the firmware for Q5s, but the ASIO is still not active.
What is this asio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back