FiiO Aftermarket IEM cables (RC-WT1, RC-SE1, RC-UE2)
Mar 1, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #76 of 94
They seem to always point the finger on the IEM seller.  That said my JH13 was the problem. Bad service. 

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #77 of 94
they must feel so proud the portable amplifier section is filled with the majority of their threads talking about their products, im SURE if there was a issue in one of those threads or topics of coversation, they would come to the rescue, see and thats why they shouldnt make cables, because they cane take blame for the products they create, and mind you, i find it to be a mindless product too, one that they were like HEY ALO has they foot in the door and they make any and cable lets do the same......thats not the same,thats just not the same, the thing is when ALO goes and they make a product they spend alot of time research and developing the product before it ever hits the shelf hell before it ever hits their own shelf and then they take that cable and then go in and they make adjustments and developments and researches you get my ideas here, they do the same with their amps its why their amps are so good.

while i cannot hate on the new comers or people who dont have $650.00 to drop on a amp that sound like god is personally whispering sweet nothings into your ear in a warm bubble bath i scoff at the fact that fiio has a choke hold on basicly the whole first page of the  portable headphone amp section. and its like what happened to headamp they make excellent amplifiers, what about ibasso another company that makes great amps, like i said i understand not everyone has deep pockets, but this overthrow of one company controlling the majority is crazy when there are so many other companies that arent so big but create big sounding amps.

maybe i am just egotistical and i will just take all my high  end amps and dacs and my dom perignon and call it a night blah...

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #78 of 94
Another reply everyone,  they did not comment on the Linked thread as of yet.

I have decided to return these to Amazon for a refund and have taken this as a leason learned.

Here is the reply from Fiio.   The top email is from Fiio, the lower was my reply to their initial response.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear ********************** ,

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO!

Dear customer, the previous reply is not auto. If it is our product issue, we will take the
responsibility of it. We suggested you ask the seller a replacement first because they can send the replacement to you soon. As we are in China, it will take you much time to get it. If he refuse to help, we will send a replacement to you. We suggested you ask the seller for help not to absolve us from responsibility, instead it will save you much time to solve this problem. Sorry for this inconvenience.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us or post a message on FiiO forum (http://www.fiio.me/forum.php) directly! We will reply you ASAP.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
FiiO Customer Service

Note: To help track your query, we have generated a Ticket Id. Your ticket Id is S93531-T19400. Please include this ticket number in all your communications with us.

Time:02/28/2015 21:07:47
To:"FiiO Customer Support" <support@fiio.net>
Cc:
Subject:RE: Shure SE1 cable replacement fitment issues. [Id: S93531-T19400]

Thank you, but that is not much help to me, what if the next set is not good either?

Please go to this thread and read of all the issues the owners are having on Head-fi, a site supported by Fiio.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669112/fiio-aftermarket-iem-cables-rc-wt1-rc-se1-rc-ue2/60#post_11366840

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #79 of 94
at this point it isnt about them accepting responsibility for their crappy product that they made, it is about making sure noone else purchases their item, im not quite sure how to pass this thread around i know there are alot of new beginner headfiers and they will jump on this cable easy. one oh its ffio and 2 its aftermarket and cheap so they would easily fall into the trap.and there goes there headphone.

fiio is a shameless company there are some company's out there that stand by their name and they make good on their mistakes, but fiio is shameless they obviously have no care no hide it. its pathetic. i bought their cable in a pinch its not my style im not cheap, but when i first got into the hobbie i had some fiio stuff, but quickly moved up from there, i would never buy another fiio product ever they are shameless they just want you money they couldnt careless about customer service, they dont care about your personal products. they dont stand by their name.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #80 of 94
All I could do was give these a bad review on Amazon and have since sent an e-mail to both eBay and Amazon to declare these as subpar products that cause damage to OEM components.   This I hope will help deter future buyers.

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #82 of 94
its more than likely we will not hear anything from them, and it makes me sick so many people support them in the amp section, when they are putting out this product.and refuse to address it.

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #83 of 94
  its more than likely we will not hear anything from them, and it makes me sick so many people support them in the amp section, when they are putting out this product.and refuse to address it.

+1
I was recently banned from a Fiio thread for stating the truth 
blink.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #84 of 94

Yeah I was not to convinced with their customer support, and have since gifted my e11k amp to a buddy.  I still have the X1, until I am able to afford an N6

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #85 of 94
yeah, i cannot even get firmware for my hifiman hm-602 from them, they have stonewalled me i am trying to get older firmware and they are acting like they dont have posession of them, and giving me the run around within the company. while i love my hm-602 they cannot help me with any kind customer service, it makes me weary because if anythnig goes wrong im screwed.

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #86 of 94
  at this point it isnt about them accepting responsibility for their crappy product that they made, it is about making sure noone else purchases their item, im not quite sure how to pass this thread around i know there are alot of new beginner headfiers and they will jump on this cable easy. one oh its ffio and 2 its aftermarket and cheap so they would easily fall into the trap.and there goes there headphone.

fiio is a shameless company there are some company's out there that stand by their name and they make good on their mistakes, but fiio is shameless they obviously have no care no hide it. its pathetic. i bought their cable in a pinch its not my style im not cheap, but when i first got into the hobbie i had some fiio stuff, but quickly moved up from there, i would never buy another fiio product ever they are shameless they just want you money they couldnt careless about customer service, they dont care about your personal products. they dont stand by their name.

+1 

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #87 of 94
Please note that the conditions of the offer laid out in this post are pending revision as per this post below

+1
I was recently banned from a Fiio thread for stating the truth :blink: . 

We have not banned anybody from any FiiO thread in recent memory. If you were banned from the thread it is not our doing but rather the action of the neutral mods of this forum. Moreover, we do not have mod privileges outside of our own FiiO subforum. If that's where you were banned, you may point me to the place where it happened and I may look into it. Otherwise, definitely not our doing.

yeah, i cannot even get firmware for my hifiman hm-602 from them, they have stonewalled me i am trying to get older firmware and they are acting like they dont have posession of them, and giving me the run around within the company. while i love my hm-602 they cannot help me with any kind customer service, it makes me weary because if anythnig goes wrong im screwed.

The president of Hifiman would be mortified to hear that you thought FiiO owns Hifiman :eek: What made you think that? :confused:

Now, I was just directed to this thread by a helpful member here. You may note that I'm FiiO's customer service representative.

If you are sure that our cables have indeed broken your earphones, you may send your broken earphones together with the particular pair of our cables that was allegedly responsible. Back in our factory we will check

1. whether the cables are authentic FiiO cables of our manufacture
2. If answer to (1) is yes, whether they fail our stringent quality control criteria regarding the plug pins (which go into tens of thousands of Westone-spec cables we have sold; we are NOT seeing the kind of reports seen in this thread as a general problem)
3. If answer to (2) is "fail", whether by forcing these cables into Westone IEMs one would indeed damage their sockets
4. If answer to (3) is "yes", whether the particular pair of IEMs sent to us with the cables have indeed been damaged this way, such that original Westone cables do not fit them securely anymore, mechanically and / or electrically.

IF the cables you send us are genuine FiiO products and are found to be capable of repeatedly, reproducibly damaging Westone IEMs in the manner you described, we are prepared to make suitable reparations, up to and including monetary compensation equivalent to the price of the IEMs so damaged.

Fair enough?

This offer goes for anyone here who said their earphones were damaged by FiiO cables.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 29, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #88 of 94
We have not banned anybody from any FiiO thread in recent memory. If you were banned from the thread it is not our doing but rather the action of the neutral mods of this forum. Moreover, we do not have mod privileges outside of our own FiiO subforum. If that's where you were banned, you may point me to the place where it happened and I may look into it. Otherwise, definitely not our doing.
The president of Hifiman would be mortified to hear that you thought FiiO owns Hifiman
eek.gif
What made you think that?
confused.gif

Now, I was just directed to this thread by a helpful member here. You may note that I'm FiiO's customer service representative.

If you are sure that our cables have indeed broken your earphones, you may send your broken earphones together with the particular pair of our cables that was allegedly responsible. Back in our factory we will check

1. whether the cables are authentic FiiO cables of our manufacture
2. If answer to (1) is yes, whether they fail our stringent quality control criteria regarding the plug pins (which go into tens of thousands of Westone-spec cables we have sold; we are NOT seeing the kind of reports seen in this thread as a general problem)
3. If answer to (2) is "fail", whether by forcing these cables into Westone IEMs one would indeed damage their sockets
4. If answer to (3) is "yes", whether the particular pair of IEMs sent to us with the cables have indeed been damaged this way, such that original Westone cables do not fit them securely anymore, mechanically and / or electrically.

IF the cables you send us are genuine FiiO products and are found to be capable of repeatedly, reproducibly damaging Westone IEMs in the manner you described, we are prepared to make suitable reparations, up to and including monetary compensation equivalent to the price of the IEMs so damaged.

Fair enough?

This offer goes for anyone here who said their earphones were damaged by FiiO cables.

Yes I am sure.
What's the address I can send to and will I be reimbursed for the shipping costs if proven right? 

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #89 of 94
I am sorry for any inconvience about the quality issues about our headphone cable. 

anyway, the headphone cable can't work alone so it must work with your headphone/iem and them there are always come with trouble, although it is not a common situation. but I can see it already make some troubles cause there are something we can't control, 

like the size of the headphone and the operation when people use our cable. It is not a easy work for everyone. 

for example, AK used 2.5 socket as balanced headphone out, but there are always some people try to pluged in a 3.5mm headphone jack and damaged the socket. so how can we do? 

I am not complained or try to defende ourself or say it is not our duty, but it is not easy to identify the reason, and this business is only very very small part of FiiO so we will decided to stop the production of the aftermarket IEM cables in the coming soon, hope you guys can

understand us.

James

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 29, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #90 of 94
Yes I am sure.
What's the address I can send to and will I be reimbursed for the shipping costs if proven right? 

I will pm the address to you.

Please note that, sure as you are about the situation, the investigation may not necessarily go your way. The FiiO cable may turn out to be fake. Above all, you have noted yourself that even by using stock cables alone, the 2-pin sockets expand and become loose with stock cables after repeated insertions. Thus it would make sense for an aftermarket cable (which by definition will be used for at least a second insertion) to have thicker pins that are held more securely by even a worn socket. You speak of our fat pins "breaking" your phones--but what if instead our pins are as thin or thinner than stock pins, being used by definition on worn sockets, and we receive complaints of earpieces flying off and becoming lost from our cables?

Thus, while you speak of our cable ruining your Westone, others may have had their Westones "rescued" in the sense that even after the sockets have become too loose for stock cables to fit, our cables can still be fitted securely.

It seems we're at a bit of an impasse here. Sorry to be backtracking here, but the condition I first raised ("such that original Westone cables do not fit them securely anymore") do not seem appropriate if stock cables themselves can also eventually cause this result. So if aftermarket cables have fatter pins,

--when is it a good thing by allowing tighter engagement even after repeated insertions and removals?
--when is it a bad thing by speeding up the loosening process?

It seems that given the nature of Westone 2-pin connectors (that you have yourself noted in this thread), a Westone IEM cannot be considered "broken" at the socket while some manner of 2-pin plug can still produce a secure connection, mechanically and electrically. A truly badly designed plug can still positively "break" a Westone IEM by, say, being so wrongly dimensioned that forcibly jamming it into the socket produces cracks in the IEM, breaks the soldering at the socket, or otherwise renders the IEM unfunctional with any cable.

And what about the rest of the equation? Is the FiiO cable inferior to the stock cable in construction and sonic quality such that you WANT to go back to the stock cable but are unable to do so?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back