FiiO 2021 Spring New Products
Apr 2, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #31 of 47
Thanks for your kind feedback. Our tech team is testing about that. And would you prefer sharing your opinion about this chip with us? What is the advantage you think to use this chip ?

Best regards
Hello Team,

I can see that the M11plus has a different design than M11/M11PRO.

What about the design for the M15s comparing to the M15 ? thanks for info !

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #34 of 47
^^ I had a similar impulse, but I am years beyond being an early adopter anymore, hahaha. I need to have at least some "regular user" feedback about how such a device works IRL; I'm not doubting the hardware side...it's about the software most often with DAPs especially, though I am also wondering about whether the new 11+ will act as a pocketable space heater, LOL. Thermals for mobile/portable devices has been something I pay attention to more & more.

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #35 of 47
Front & rear of K9 Pro. Talk of cheaper version also in August.

K9Pro_rear.jpgK9front.png

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #36 of 47
Hello Team,

I can see that the M11plus has a different design than M11/M11PRO.

What about the design for the M15s comparing to the M15 ? thanks for info !
Dear friend,

Thanks for your interest. We could not provide the related information about M15S currently. Stay tuned!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 21, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #37 of 47
This year is a bit special. As usual, we should do better preparations, complete mass production and then hold a formal launch event. Now due to the epidemic, AKM fire, and the accidental information exposure of our M17 by iF official, some of the new products we plan to release have been known and discussed in advance.

Now that this is where we are, we have no choice but to gradually share some information about our new products. But please give us some understanding. Since these products are not ready to go on sale, we are unable to tell you the exact release time and price. Even their functions and performances have the possibility to be adjusted. Therefore, it is not because we try to hide them deliberately, but we just cannot tell you in advance what is undecided.

FiiO's new products include the music player M11Plus, K9Pro and FH5S, which are planned to enter the market in spring, and the M17 in summer which was accidentally exposed. Among them, the most popular ones are the M11Plus and M17. Many people have a lot of questions for me. So, today I would like to talk about how FiiO positioned the three products, and give some suggestions for our old users of the FiiO M11/M11Pro/M15.

1. M11Plus: this model is a replacement for the M11Pro whose chip and display screen were discontinued. To make it brief, it is to upgrade the processor and display screen of the M11Pro. Three models of the M11Plus are planned in the future, the regular edition with the AK4497, the stainless steel edition, and the M11Plus E with ESS DAC that may be released at the end of the year (this is a plan). Due to the small number of the AK4497, and the sales requirement for the global market, the quantity that can be supplied in May is not much. In addition, the cost of the M11Plus has increased a lot, so the retail price will be increased significantly compared to the M11Pro. It is still under consideration.

2. M17: the M17 is a new product for FiiO trying to extend upward its player product line, so there is no substitute relationship between the existing players and it. It is also our attempt at the ultimate form of portable desktop players, especially the ports and driven capacity leaning to desktop systems. It is destined to be a product unsuitable for most people due to its size, weight, heat and price.

In addition, the design style this time is more personalized. Concluding from the current feedback, those who like it like it a lot while there are also many dislikes. This depends on individuals.

So, to summarize it:

If you have never made a purchase of a player before, it is recommended to take the M11Plus. Or, the small amount in stock M11Pro/M15 available from our sales agents is also a very good choice.

If you are an old user of the M11Pro, there is no need to get an M11Plus unless you require a better using experience, like the upgraded processor, enlarged RAM and bigger display screen. Instead, the M15S planning to come out at the end of this year or early next year will be a great consideration.

If you are an old user of the M15 fond of new devices, technologies and ESS DAC, you can take the M11 Plus for fun and later upgrade to the M17. Otherwise, the M15 will be enough, except that its driven capacity is not as good as the M17 and other small deficiencies (slower processor, apple music nonsupport). It is recommended to keep using it for two more years.

Here, I would like to briefly introduce the appearance design of the M11Plus, M15, and M17.

Due to the small supply of the display screen, the M11Plus has upgraded its display to a 5.5 inch one. Plus the stable scroll wheel taking up the space of the battery, the shape of the M11 Plus looks more neat and structured with supple grip sense.

As for the M15, it was specially designed with rounded sides considering the weight and size. Otherwise, we would feel bad when holding it in our hands. In fact, the industrial design of the M15 has been affirmed by users. Of course, the industrial design is not the appearance design. There are still many people who like the design of M11Pro.

The M17 takes a freestyle. Because its design goal is a portable device, small size and lightweight are definitely not the right choice for it. For this reason, it is made like a square box with the highest space utilization. In order to make it look more attractive, we used some sections, decorations, and even RGB atmosphere lights to enrich its shape. Therefore, it is foreseeable that the personalization of its appearance will lead to divided opinions of our users.

At last, from the RK3188 series starting with the X7, to the Exymos7872 series starting with the M11, and to the Qualcomm 660 series starting with the M11Plus, we FiiO is constantly growing and improving. I hope that this new generation can continue the success of the previous two generations and be loved by our users.
Looking forward to M11PLUS & FH5S

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #38 of 47
For me, the m11 pro is all I will ever need in a dap. Unless/until it no longer works. Very happy with it, and any improvement in sound is irrelevant, as I have better at home, and the noise floor on the go makes upgrading it not cost effective.

May 1, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #39 of 47
This year is a bit special. As usual, we should do better preparations, complete mass production and then hold a formal launch event. Now due to the epidemic, AKM fire, and the accidental information exposure of our M17 by iF official, some of the new products we plan to release have been known and discussed in advance.

Now that this is where we are, we have no choice but to gradually share some information about our new products. But please give us some understanding. Since these products are not ready to go on sale, we are unable to tell you the exact release time and price. Even their functions and performances have the possibility to be adjusted. Therefore, it is not because we try to hide them deliberately, but we just cannot tell you in advance what is undecided.

FiiO's new products include the music player M11Plus, K9Pro and FH5S, which are planned to enter the market in spring, and the M17 in summer which was accidentally exposed. Among them, the most popular ones are the M11Plus and M17. Many people have a lot of questions for me. So, today I would like to talk about how FiiO positioned the three products, and give some suggestions for our old users of the FiiO M11/M11Pro/M15.

1. M11Plus: this model is a replacement for the M11Pro whose chip and display screen were discontinued. To make it brief, it is to upgrade the processor and display screen of the M11Pro. Three models of the M11Plus are planned in the future, the regular edition with the AK4497, the stainless steel edition, and the M11Plus E with ESS DAC that may be released at the end of the year (this is a plan). Due to the small number of the AK4497, and the sales requirement for the global market, the quantity that can be supplied in May is not much. In addition, the cost of the M11Plus has increased a lot, so the retail price will be increased significantly compared to the M11Pro. It is still under consideration.

2. M17: the M17 is a new product for FiiO trying to extend upward its player product line, so there is no substitute relationship between the existing players and it. It is also our attempt at the ultimate form of portable desktop players, especially the ports and driven capacity leaning to desktop systems. It is destined to be a product unsuitable for most people due to its size, weight, heat and price.

In addition, the design style this time is more personalized. Concluding from the current feedback, those who like it like it a lot while there are also many dislikes. This depends on individuals.

So, to summarize it:

If you have never made a purchase of a player before, it is recommended to take the M11Plus. Or, the small amount in stock M11Pro/M15 available from our sales agents is also a very good choice.

If you are an old user of the M11Pro, there is no need to get an M11Plus unless you require a better using experience, like the upgraded processor, enlarged RAM and bigger display screen. Instead, the M15S planning to come out at the end of this year or early next year will be a great consideration.

If you are an old user of the M15 fond of new devices, technologies and ESS DAC, you can take the M11 Plus for fun and later upgrade to the M17. Otherwise, the M15 will be enough, except that its driven capacity is not as good as the M17 and other small deficiencies (slower processor, apple music nonsupport). It is recommended to keep using it for two more years.

Here, I would like to briefly introduce the appearance design of the M11Plus, M15, and M17.

Due to the small supply of the display screen, the M11Plus has upgraded its display to a 5.5 inch one. Plus the stable scroll wheel taking up the space of the battery, the shape of the M11 Plus looks more neat and structured with supple grip sense.

As for the M15, it was specially designed with rounded sides considering the weight and size. Otherwise, we would feel bad when holding it in our hands. In fact, the industrial design of the M15 has been affirmed by users. Of course, the industrial design is not the appearance design. There are still many people who like the design of M11Pro.

The M17 takes a freestyle. Because its design goal is a portable device, small size and lightweight are definitely not the right choice for it. For this reason, it is made like a square box with the highest space utilization. In order to make it look more attractive, we used some sections, decorations, and even RGB atmosphere lights to enrich its shape. Therefore, it is foreseeable that the personalization of its appearance will lead to divided opinions of our users.

At last, from the RK3188 series starting with the X7, to the Exymos7872 series starting with the M11, and to the Qualcomm 660 series starting with the M11Plus, we FiiO is constantly growing and improving. I hope that this new generation can continue the success of the previous two generations and be loved by our users.

So, to summarize it:

@JamesFiiO what about the successor to m3 pro? When is it launching?

May 2, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #40 of 47
@JamesFiiO what about the successor to m3 pro? When is it launching?

sorry there will not have any upgraded model for m3pro, the market change , we saw more people change to TYPE C dongle or bluetooth amp.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 11, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #44 of 47
I'm also waiting for this.
Thanks for the interest. We did have this plan before. But affected by the AKM fire, the new update product for BTR5 may not come soon.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back