#FiiO 2021 Autumn New Products Launch Event IV# will straightly get to you on October 26, 2021. Let's stay tuned for it.
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
第四场 预热倒计时第5天-EN.jpg

Want both large power and excellent materials? #FiiO Desktop Portable Music Player M17# will give you all you want. Coupled with dual ES9038Pro and THX 788+, the M17 has an output power of up to 3000mW per channel in BAL out, and up to 16dB Gain level in enhanced over-ear headphone mode. In addition, the ultra-low output impedance helps to easily drive most headphones on the market.
On October 26, 2021, #FiiO 2021 Autumn New Products Launch Event IV# will straightly get to you. Let's stay tuned for it.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 21, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 72
I am only interested to seeing how the cooling and heat dissipation will work 😊
what?! I am watching on youtube, it comes with a gadget to hold the device in position and in return it has fan in the back to cool it down?! my oh my, I guess not suitable on a plane

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #8 of 72
Does it actually come supplied with that stand with built in fan?

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 72
s
supposed to - although it makes you wonder, did that bracket actualluy fit into that presenation box?

"M17 comes standard with this heat dissipation bracket and a high-power DC power supply (fast charging is not supported). It also fully demonstrates the extraordinary features of M17"

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 72
what?! I am watching on youtube, it comes with a gadget to hold the device in position and in return it has fan in the back to cool it down?! my oh my, I guess not suitable on a plane
supposed to - although it makes you wonder, did that bracket actualluy fit into that presenation box?

"M17 comes standard with this heat dissipation bracket and a high-power DC power supply (fast charging is not supported). It also fully demonstrates the extraordinary features of M17"
The M15 had a "bundle" of items included from FiiO - all of it was not packed into the M15 box, the extras were all packed in their own boxes, the DK1 dock wasn't included in that bundle.

Here is what was included by FiiO/Hifigo in the pre-order bundle (at the price of only the M15 MSRP); Fiio M15 reward: Fiio LA-UA1 USB Power Purifier ($26.99) + Screen Protector($10.99) for free + FiiO LT-TC1 (17.99)"

I thought that bundle included the DK1 dock, but checking back it looks like it wasn't included - I bought it separately.

Anyway, the point is the extras along with the DK1 dock were packaged in their own boxes, not packaged in the M15 box, so that will likely be the same for the M17. :)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 72
I know the fan and it stand is for cooling purposes. What I am intrigued about is that the Back is of laminated plastic or possibly gorilla glasses….how exactly does running a fan from the back can help the M17 to cool down ? Unless there are some air vents in the back, which I have not seen. Both of these chips 9038pros and THX are all heat monsters

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 72
Wow, feels like it's been forever since last time I checked Fiio stuffs. And while I am curious of this player, I really feel the cooling stand just adds unnecessary bulk to what's supposed to be a portable DAP.

I can only imagine the quality jump from my old Fiio X1 to this though...

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #14 of 72
I am only interested to seeing how the cooling and heat dissipation will work 😊
I know the fan and it stand is for cooling purposes. What I am intrigued about is that the Back is of laminated plastic or possibly gorilla glasses….how exactly does running a fan from the back can help the M17 to cool down ? Unless there are some air vents in the back, which I have not seen. Both of these chips 9038pros and THX are all heat monsters
I'm getting feeling that the "Fan Stand" was an afterthought made elsewhere and bought by FiiO to provide a stand + cooling - as it was too late in the design cycle when FiiO figured out the connector layout on the bottom of the M17 couldn't be aligned to fit the FiiO DK1 dock, and FiiO didn't have time to design and build their own M17 specific stand.

The M17 Fan Stand precariously holds the M17 up too high - to align it with the fan breeze. That M17 Fan Stand certainly doesn't look look like it was designed to fit the M17 specifically. I would want to adjust the stand shelf lower to balance such a high weight DAP. but then the Fan would shoot over the top of the M17.

In retrospect FiiO should have made the effort to design an M17 specific Cooling Stand - or better yet, a full powered Dock, and I think FiiO still needs to come out with a custom built M17 Dock with Cooling designed to fit the M17, and forget wasting the resources to give us that janky Fan Stand...

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #15 of 72
I'm getting feeling that the "Fan Stand" was an afterthought made elsewhere and bought by FiiO to provide a stand + cooling - as it was too late in the design cycle when FiiO figured out the connector layout on the bottom of the M17 couldn't be aligned to fit the FiiO DK1 dock, and FiiO didn't have time to design and build their own M17 specific stand.

The M17 Fan Stand precariously holds the M17 up too high - to align it with the fan breeze. That M17 Fan Stand certainly doesn't look look like was designed to fit the M17 specifically. I would want to adjust the stand shelf lower to balance such a high weight DAP. but then the Fan would shoot over the top of the M17.

In retrospect FiiO should have taken the time to design an M17 specific Cooling Stand, and I think FiiO still needs to come out with a custom built M17 Dock with Cooling designed to fit the M17, and forget that janky Fan Stand...
I agreed with you here! The cooling solutions is pretty much non improved since the early developments until now. They have gone through multiple revisions but it is more likely the implementations, the key is that one of it features such as powerful output is only available with external PSU. So, it possibly have multiple modes, and beside those modes, it also has gimped down or watered down implementations, such as lower voltage rails, lower current delivery, and minimal implementation in 9038Pros to just keep it running and producing sounds.

If cooling isn’t a primary feature for such build of ES9038Pro X2 and THX -X2, then allows me to be very , very skeptical about having good implementation and technicals.

One of the example of firmware limitations on such beefy hardware is the Ibasso DX300 Max. It has 2 modes, Ultimate which cuts down the battery by 40% by using all 4 channels per AK4499eq chip X2 , and there are regular mode which expands the batteries from 9 hours to 16 hours by only using 1 channel per AKM chip instead of all 4. At least Ibasso is giving choices and come clean with all their designs. It brought the questions to many folks if AK SP2K were always 1 channel per chip or had it always been running all 4 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back