FiiO 2019 Last Launch Event to Be Held on December 28, 14:00 Beijing time(UTC+8)
Jan 5, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #316 of 343
this was my point exactly. Unfortunately, the m15 only samples to DSD64!

well, that what I have been trying to tell you and everybody else for a while now. It takes a lot of processing prowess to live Conversion PCM to DSD properly. DSD512 is still very hard to do so even with the most powerful PC

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #317 of 343
well, that what I have been trying to tell you and everybody else for a while now. It takes a lot of processing prowess to live Conversion PCM to DSD properly. DSD512 is still very hard to do so even with the most powerful PC
And here we go again. If an iPhone 6 can easily do dsd128, can we at least say there is absolutely no reason the m15 can’t do 128 or 256?

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #318 of 343
And here we go again. If an iPhone 6 can easily do dsd128, can we at least say there is absolutely no reason the m15 can’t do 128 or 256?
That is because you only simply be looking at smartphones. If you think smartphones can do DSD128 and prefer it, then you can always buy an external DAC that do Native DSD and have a USB cables toward it.

If you seriously want to study more into why Live PCM into DSD is so hard, the info is out there, and google can solve a lot of your question. The only problem is....reading into it.

Now, AK4497EQ and ES9038Pro can do Oversampling 256x, and that is DSD256 already. That is by far, the most powerful DAC-IC can do ATM.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #319 of 343
On my intel 9700k with 32gb of ram upsampling to DSD 512 it takes a good minute to buffer and process a whole song. I’m fairly impressed the m11 series does DSD 64 without any real noticeable buffer. That being said you do get clicks and pops with changing songs with the feature turned on like on most desktop setups. I don’t find it really worth using the feature.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #320 of 343
On my intel 9700k with 32gb of ram upsampling to DSD 512 it take a good minute to buffer and process a whole song. I’m fairly impressed the m11 series does DSD 64 without and real noticeable buffer. That being said you do get clicks and pops with changing songs with the feature turned on like on most desktop setups. I don’t find it really worth using the feature.

Totally agreed! Even DSD64 when done right, can be mind blowing good. For example, Sony TA ZH1ES does DSD128 but doesn’t sound as good as Sony DMP Z1 which does DSD64. Coincidentally, the DSD64 on the DMP Z1 also sound better than the offline conversion of DSD256 that I have as well...pretty crazy. The offline DSD256 has better noisefloor but not much noticeably, sharper textures but loses it emotions and liquidity.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #321 of 343
That is because you only simply be looking at smartphones. If you think smartphones can do DSD128 and prefer it, then you can always buy an external DAC that do Native DSD and have a USB cables toward it.

If you seriously want to study more into why Live PCM into DSD is so hard, the info is out there, and google can solve a lot of your question. The only problem is....reading into it.

Now, AK4497EQ and ES9038Pro can do Oversampling 256x, and that is DSD256 already. That is by far, the most powerful DAC-IC can do ATM.

What is your relationship with fiio?

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #324 of 343
LOL! I wonder how did you get here, at this question.
I arrived at this thread excited about a new flagship. DSD64 “upsampling” in a 2020 flagship is not remotely close to what is capable. I don’t understand why you make the same powerful PC post anytime someone mentions this.

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #326 of 343
66BA9CD0-E298-475E-A5CC-1C278B79419A.gif

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #327 of 343
Since the FiiO 2019 Winter Launch Event, many users share their interest in our upcoming M15.
In order to let more users to try the M15 first, as well as provide more references for users who are interested in getting the M15, we are planning to hold the review tour of our FiiO M15.

Currently, we have three planned selection way. Please feel free to vote your choice or share your opinion by quoting this post(https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...1800-hours-standby-time.922784/#post-15406289).
1. The participators should join head-fi forum before 2018 Jan. 1st and the posts are not less than 2,000.
2. The participators should pay the deposit (80% of M15's price). We will refund the deposit via Paypal when next participator receive the review product.
3. The participators should meet the 1 or 2 condition. which means you have right to choose 1 or 2 condition to join the review.

Participators benefits:

1. If the participator would like to purchase the review product when the tour finished, we could also try to offer a best discount price.
2. All the participators will have a chance to purchase one of FiiO Model at 5-10% discount, the discount is based on your quality of the M15 review content.

Note:

If there is no so many reviewer would love to review it, the review tour may be cancelled finally.

FiiO Electronic Technology CO., LTD reserves all rights to interpret and amend the rules of this activity as necessary

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 9, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #328 of 343
Since the FiiO 2019 Winter Launch Event, many users share their interest in our upcoming M15.
In order to let more users to try the M15 first, as well as provide more references for users who are interested in getting the M15, we are planning to hold the review tour of our FiiO M15.

Currently, we have three planned selection way. Please feel free to vote your choice or share your opinion by quoting this post(https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...1800-hours-standby-time.922784/#post-15406289).
1. The participators should join head-fi forum before 2018 Jan. 1st and the posts are not less than 2,000.
2. The participators should pay the deposit (80% of M15's price). We will refund the deposit via Paypal when next participator receive the review product.
3. The participators should meet the 1 or 2 condition. which means you have right to choose 1 or 2 condition to join the review.

Participators benefits:

1. If the participator would like to purchase the review product when the tour finished, we could also try to offer a best discount price.
2. All the participators will have a chance to purchase one of FiiO Model at 5-10% discount, the discount is based on your quality of the M15 review content.

Note:

If there is no so many reviewer would love to review it, the review tour may be cancelled finally.

FiiO Electronic Technology CO., LTD reserves all rights to interpret and amend the rules of this activity as necessary

I would like to be a reviewer of this unit.

While I do not meet condition #1,

I would be willing to meet condition #2.

However I travel a lot for business so I would need to know when the tour starts and will be going so I can make sure I am still in a place where I can recieve it.

- as per my previous post and background
"Given that I have spent the last month testing high end and TOTL DAPs as well as purchased a new recent TOTL CIEM ($3K+ range) - this recent news of coming M15 fits right onto my possible purchase DAP list I've been testing for awhile now.

I'm in the market to purchase and have been waiting to pull the trigger, I narrowed down to list of N6ii or Hiby R6Pro for my 2 Android DAP choices, or my non Android choices at the Cayin N8 or AK SP200."

So I would love to test and review the M15 in comparison and if the sound is good enough, become a purchaser.

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #329 of 343

Participators benefits:

Note:

Pm sent re interest to demo (and compare to n6ii and kann cube)

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #330 of 343

Participators benefits:

Note:

PM Sent! Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back