FiiO 2019 Last Launch Event to Be Held on December 28, 14:00 Beijing time(UTC+8)
Dec 31, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #286 of 343
Am I reading this right that the “all to dsd 2nd gen” converts to dsd 512 (or the far, far superior dsd 521)? On the m11 it converted to dsd64, correct?

I’ve never heard the m11; did/does anyone find this better than the pcm output (at the file’s native resolution or upsampled)? Many thanks for the feedback.

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #288 of 343
Hi everyone, would you be interested in the M15 review tour?

Best regards

Sign me up if this happens. I would gladly do a write up/ impression of it.

I own many Fiio iem’s (F9 Pro, FH5, FH7), as well as Sony EX1000, M9, Shure KSE to adequately test the unit

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 31, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #289 of 343
Given that I have spent the last month testing high end and TOTL DAPs as well as purchased a new recent TOTL CIEM ($3K+ range) - this recent news of coming M15 fits right onto my possible purchase DAP list I've been testing for awhile now.

I'm in the market to purchase and have been waiting to pull the trigger, I narrowed down to list of N6ii or Hiby R6Pro for my 2 Android DAP choices, or my non Android choices at the Cayin N8 or AK SP200.

Ease of use and a lot of my time spent streaming leans me more towards a Android DAP. Thus this M15 intrigues me and may be what I purchase depending on the sound. I own the M11 that I occasionally use among other gear. It fits right onto my purchase list and if the sound competes with my list, I would be an owner.

I would love to be apart of the review. Though new posting here, I mainly have lurked over the years never created an account before, I have years in the professional industry and much gear.

I also have access to much gear to test with,
Recently near and accsess to testing -

Full Cayin DAPs range, N6ii, N8, etc
Fully range Sony Daps - WM1Z, WM1A, et
Full A&K DAPs range - SP2K, KANN CUBE,etc
Full Vision Ears CIEM range - Elysium, V8 etc
Full Empire Ears IEM range - Wrath, Legend X, etc
Full FIBAE IEM range - 7, black, etc
FiR Audio CIEMs - personally own the M5
Campfire Audio - personally own Solaris
Personally own A&K T8ie mk2

And many many other high end gear.
Brands I have access to including -
PW audio cables, A&K, Vision Ears, Empire Ears, Focal, Abyss headphones, Mr.Speakers, Ibasso, Sony, Meze, Unique Melody, and many many others.
Local shops and aquantences have all the top gear I've spent the last few months testing to make my choices for my own personal Endgame purchases.

So I'd love to be on the list if possible
Great stuff...can I come over and play.

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #290 of 343
Given that I have spent the last month testing high end and TOTL DAPs as well as purchased a new recent TOTL CIEM ($3K+ range) - this recent news of coming M15 fits right onto my possible purchase DAP list I've been testing for awhile now.

I'm in the market to purchase and have been waiting to pull the trigger, I narrowed down to list of N6ii or Hiby R6Pro for my 2 Android DAP choices, or my non Android choices at the Cayin N8 or AK SP200.

Ease of use and a lot of my time spent streaming leans me more towards a Android DAP. Thus this M15 intrigues me and may be what I purchase depending on the sound. I own the M11 that I occasionally use among other gear. It fits right onto my purchase list and if the sound competes with my list, I would be an owner.

I would love to be apart of the review. Though new posting here, I mainly have lurked over the years never created an account before, I have years in the professional industry and much gear.

I also have access to much gear to test with,
Recently near and accsess to testing -

Full Cayin DAPs range, N6ii, N8, etc
Fully range Sony Daps - WM1Z, WM1A, et
Full A&K DAPs range - SP2K, KANN CUBE,etc
Full Vision Ears CIEM range - Elysium, V8 etc
Full Empire Ears IEM range - Wrath, Legend X, etc
Full FIBAE IEM range - 7, black, etc
FiR Audio CIEMs - personally own the M5
Campfire Audio - personally own Solaris
Personally own A&K T8ie mk2

And many many other high end gear.
Brands I have access to including -
PW audio cables, A&K, Vision Ears, Empire Ears, Focal, Abyss headphones, Mr.Speakers, Ibasso, Sony, Meze, Unique Melody, and many many others.
Local shops and aquantences have all the top gear I've spent the last few months testing to make my choices for my own personal Endgame purchases.

So I'd love to be on the list if possible
Seriously, great resume. You should by first on the list.

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #291 of 343
It can not possibly do DSD512 from PCM. Even the most powerful built PC would have a hard time doing it

While I agree that up conversion can be difficult, an unoptimized ipad can easily do DSD128 via third party software (or even higher). Likewise the ifi idsd can upsample anything to DSD1024 via hardware/software optimization. While quite small at around 9”x8” the idsd isn’t portable (though cheaper than some flagship daps produced by fiio’s competitors). Of course, however, The ifi is obviously nothing remotely close to “the most powerful[ly] built PC.” Standard PC processors can be terrible at certain activities compared to much smaller and slower custom chips.

I don’t really expect the m15 to upsample to DSD512, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was capable. I would be much more surprised if it is still DSD64 due to a hardware limitation. Said another way, I would be more surprised if it couldn’t go higher than DSD64 than if it could do DSD512.

To the original question, does anyone know?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #292 of 343
Seriously, great resume. You should by first on the list.
I don't mean any special placement. Just suggesting I have ability to thuroughly test the new gear. And I think Fiio recent year is showing they're looking to disrupt the entire market and make a statement. I kind of support the statement, if it aids in lowering the unreasonable pricing upwards trend that has been ongoing for years and instead starts a new tread of truly competing for value and performance.

And I'd be happy to be a pair of ears in the process for Fiio and any others starting the new path.

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #293 of 343
I don't mean any special placement. Just suggesting I have ability to thuroughly test the new gear. And I think Fiio recent year is showing they're looking to disrupt the entire market and make a statement. I kind of support the statement, if it aids in lowering the unreasonable pricing upwards trend that has been ongoing for years and instead starts a new tread of truly competing for value and performance.

And I'd be happy to be a pair of ears in the process for Fiio and any others starting the new path.

Well said, sir. I will just go ahead and take the first slot. By all means, please feel free to queue up behind me.

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #296 of 343
Jan 1, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #297 of 343
While I agree that up conversion can be difficult, an unoptimized ipad can easily do DSD128 via third party software (or even higher). Likewise the ifi idsd can upsample anything to DSD1024 via hardware/software optimization. While quite small at around 9”x8” the idsd isn’t portable (though cheaper than some flagship daps produced by fiio’s competitors). Of course, however, The ifi is obviously nothing remotely close to “the most powerful[ly] built PC.” Standard PC processors can be terrible at certain activities compared to much smaller and slower custom chips.

I don’t really expect the m15 to upsample to DSD512, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was capable. I would be much more surprised if it is still DSD64 due to a hardware limitation. Said another way, I would be more surprised if it couldn’t go higher than DSD64 than if it could do DSD512.

To the original question, does anyone know?
DSD isn’t as easy as it sound, the algorithms is everything. But if you just care about a lot of noises and don’t exactly care about sound quality then sure.

A very powerful PC and using HQPlayer can still have a very hard time to do DSD512.

Therefore, I seriously Doubt the M15 can do such. The M15 can do native DSD512 which the Ibasso Dx200 had been for almost 3 years now.

Anyways, there is no confirmations from Fiio yet. But I seriously Doubt it

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #298 of 343
That should be 4,300+ CDs... if you figure the average CD has about 13 tracks, and the average size per cd in your collection is about 280 MBs ish per cd, and that sounds about right...
Yes like 2900 16/44.1 CDs
100 SACD
160 Hi-res albums

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back