FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Mar 26, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #437 of 803
So it's fine when music is playing?

Yes and no. I tested it today, and at low volumes where the music is playing and no longer present, I presume the hissing is still there. When the music is turned up the hissing doesn't increase in volume but I would say it's still there in the background.

It still sounds good, gives the IT01 a good thump, but the pause between tracks in TIDAL is enough to drive me insane when I hear the hissing.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #438 of 803
This little gizmo makes my Mee P1 shine. These earphones have always been under-performing with the other gear I have. Never thought this was possible with the lossy bluetooth data transfer.

Iems with a higher sensitivity on the other hand create hiss and other sound artefacts. I hope next generation(s) will be able to find a solution for that problem.

Definitely a thumbs up for the BTR1.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #439 of 803
This little gizmo makes my Mee P1 shine. These earphones have always been under-performing with the other gear I have. Never thought this was possible with the lossy bluetooth data transfer.

Iems with a higher sensitivity on the other hand create hiss and other sound artefacts. I hope next generation(s) will be able to find a solution for that problem.

i actually never had paired em. ill give it a spin.

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #441 of 803

Yeah let's hope so.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #443 of 803
Yeah let's hope so.
Dear friend,

Because of the particularity of Bluetooth transmission, the background noise of the current Bluetooth DAC/headphones would be relatively larger.

But we would still try our best to reduce this noise in later generation. :left_facing_fist:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 29, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #444 of 803
Can this thing recieve then transmit bluetooth signal? I want to amplify bluetooth signal is that possible?

One more thing can it convert 3.5 jack of the source to bluetooth signal ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #446 of 803
Dear friend,

Our engineer told us that it is recommended to turn off the Bluetooth of the device you don't use. The tip sound would stop if the disconnection is longer than 3 minutes generally.
We will consider the problem with those tip sound in our later products as well.
Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Thanks for the response. Why make a device that doesn't have updatable firmware? I guess there is already a planned succession of this model with another. I will be looking into competitors that are updating/refining their products instead.

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #447 of 803
Hopefully the next BTR model will work well with sensitive IEM's.

Dear friend,

Because of the particularity of Bluetooth transmission, the background noise of the current Bluetooth DAC/headphones would be relatively larger.

Quite interestingly, I decided to test something I saw in the ES100 thread.

I switched from AptX to SBC (my BTR1 is v.1 so no AAC)... no hiss.

Sound noticeably has less separation, but for my uses (background noise in the office or exercising) this doesn't bother me at all.

Just worth noting - must be something about AptX? Wonder if something can test the same for AAC as well.

Overall quite pleased with it now since I was someone limiting it more casual use where I can use less sensitive over ear headphones!

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #448 of 803
I just discovered Fiio BTR1 online, I have some KZ iem pairs that I love and an HTC U11 (and soon U12+), the given USB C dongle is good with Dolby mods but I am told Razer Phone USB C adapter is much better, though it costs about 40$ in France VS this Fiio BT adapter which is just 20$ more, so here my questions:
-Is it Aptx HD compatible? it doesn't have a aptx HD logo but the specs are vastly enough for it no?
-Would it beat a USB C to AUX adaptor?
-Will the clip stick well on any clothes like Adidas climacool? (I am asking because I have a Sony SBH50 that is either too heavy or the clip was slipping on adidas tech tshirts)

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #449 of 803
I just discovered Fiio BTR1 online, I have some KZ iem pairs that I love and an HTC U11 (and soon U12+), the given USB C dongle is good with Dolby mods but I am told Razer Phone USB C adapter is much better, though it costs about 40$ in France VS this Fiio BT adapter which is just 20$ more, so here my questions:
-Is it Aptx HD compatible? it doesn't have a aptx HD logo but the specs are vastly enough for it no?
-Would it beat a USB C to AUX adaptor?
-Will the clip stick well on any clothes like Adidas climacool? (I am asking because I have a Sony SBH50 that is either too heavy or the clip was slipping on adidas tech tshirts)

-Yes, AptX HD.
-¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-The clip is not very strong, but I think more so it depends how, and what orientation you are clipping it on the shirt. The BTR1 is fairly lightweight, btw.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #450 of 803
-Yes, AptX HD.
-¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-The clip is not very strong, but I think more so it depends how, and what orientation you are clipping it on the shirt. The BTR1 is fairly lightweight, btw.

I'm pretty sure that the btr1 supports APTX, but not APTXHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back