FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
May 23, 2017 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 803

demond

100+ Head-Fier
--------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on October 24, 2018

FiiO’s Newly Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K will be available soon!

Make A Difference with the Upgraded Chip

image001.png

The FiiO BTR1K is a Bluetooth receiver that updated from the original BTR1 which takes on a new look inside out. Check out its main features and functions as follows:

* All-new Qualcomm QCC 3005 Bluetooth chip

* Supports Bluetooth 5.0 and aptX / aptX LL / SBC / AAC

* High-performance AK4376A DAC brings improved performance

* < 2uV noise floor + 120dB SNR + 1.5 times output power

* New Type-C connector with USB DAC functionality

* Continues the BTR1's design with sleek aluminum alloy body

* Added multi-function button for a quick operation of pair/play/pause.

* Unique RGB light to indicate the input Bluetooth audio codecs and working status

* Provides 8 hours playback and 140 hours standby time

* Built-in microphone with Qualcomm cVc noise cancellation technology

* 32 levels volume adjustments for greater precision

* Simple one-touch NFC pairing

* Drive, but without the stress

* Rejuvenate your home theater system

* Call up Siri in iOS

image003.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
BTR1K AND BTR1 ID difference
BTR1K ID difference.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier - BTR1

Project background:
Back in August 2016, we had planned a Bluetooth headphone amplifier. In the earliest design, it has a headphone cable and is much smaller. To learn more about it, you may check this post
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/turn-your-detachable-cable-headphones-into-hifi-bluetooth-headphones-fiio-btc-mmcx.817539/

And during the design process, the product shape has changed quite a lot. It's mainly because the small size design could not meet our requirement for the high sound quality. So we have aborted the design of integrated headphone cable and upgraded the project to the BTR1, which has a 3.5mm headphone port and is more applicable. What's more, since the short headphone cable is not everybody's choice, we eventually decided to sell the cable separately and will not supply it as standard accessory. This very first short headphone cable is applicable to the MMCX connector headphones, including our F5.

Main features :

1. Bluetooth 4.2, supporting SBC, aptX, aptX low latency
(Good compatibility: compatible with Android, iOS and many other types of devices)
1.兼容多种设备.jpg
2. Discrete high-performance DAC chip, up to 48kHz/24bit decoding support, designed additionally with high-performance work mode
(SNR≥95dB, far better than average Bluetooth receivers, free of background noise even when connecting to high-sensitivity headphones)

3. Supports Bluetooth voice calls, with built-in omnidirectional microphone
(Equal to smart phones' built-in microphone, which makes you enjoy high-quality phone calls)
3.麦克风2.jpg

4. Rechargeable Li-on battery, with around 9 hours' battery life
(Around 9 hours in normal work mode, and around 6 hours in high-performance work mode <Will also adjust>)

5. Working status indicator (Blue + Red) and discrete audio effect indicator
(Remotely switch the audio effect without taking out your phone, easy and convenient)

6. Metal clip design and lanyard
(Easily clip to your collar, bag straps or anywhere)
6.斜挎包.jpg

6.口袋.jpg

7. Utilizes the standard 3.5mm headphone port
7.接口.jpg

8. Bluetooth effective range: around 10 meters

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 803
At present, engineering machine finished, this is probably the case, if there are changes, I will continue to update, welcome to express your views. Do you like this product?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 803
Very interesting product. I would really like a mobile replacement for my Fiio E10k, but with bluetooth and the same nice sound quality.
The BTR1 is very similar to the Bluewave GET https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/?v=3a52f3c22ed6
But the GET offers also APTX HD and AAC. Can you include especially APTX HD?
I also would like an even longer battery life. A somewhat bigger size would be ok.
Can you charge and play back at the same time?

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 803
Very interesting product. I would really like a mobile replacement for my Fiio E10k, but with bluetooth and the same nice sound quality.
The BTR1 is very similar to the Bluewave GET https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/?v=3a52f3c22ed6
I also would like an even longer battery life. A somewhat bigger size would be ok.
Very good products, thank you for providing product reference, the next generation of Bluetooth products will support APTX-HD, but the current BTR1 does not support, just aptX, aptX-LL

Jun 6, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 803
Fantastic, mounting it onto over the ear headphones is exactly what I'm looking for!

Together with an aptx LL transmitter with optical in (e.g. Avantree Oasis) I can finally get rid of my Sound blaster E5 which is way too heavy for that.

Edit: what impedance are you designing this for?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 803
Very interesting product, a must-have product for iphone user, look forward for it!
But hope can have more info of difference between this and Q5 regarding Bluetooth sound quality.
Either this or Q5, I'm waiting :)

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #11 of 803
You may op for Q5 for longer battery life I supposed :)

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #14 of 803
Looks very interesting - essentially what I have been looking for. As @gzahl said, similar to the bluewave get, and similar launch windows as well, so excited to give both a try. That said, FiiO has earned a lot of good will from me, so all things equal, this might be my next buy.

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #15 of 803
Very interested and will likely get this even though I do plan on getting the Bluewave get as well. For future consideration, is it possible to allow codec selection? With the BW get, it's aptX HD but I was told it's backwards compatible with LL (just can't do both at the same time). The use case I was thinking of was I'd like to watch movies occasionally on LG V20 but would like it to utilize LL instead of HD for those occasions. Hopefully your next iteration would allow this and feature Class 1 range too. ^_^

P.S. Any specials for pre-orders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back