FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jul 23, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #618 of 803
Just wanted to say I received my BTR1 today, bought at Fiio’s store in Ali. I’m glad with the product, at least the tests I ran with my Xiaomi phone, iPad, and earphones and speakers went well. I’m still seriously surprised of how tiny it is.
35614820-12E6-4489-9905-C77688873AB0.jpeg 2559F2B6-5F7A-4F4C-BADC-9BDF8FE53B04.jpeg

I’m still trying to decide if I like the sound effect, though. Not a fan of it yet, but it may be due to my audio settings.

Jul 25, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #620 of 803
I guess they mean AAC instead of ACC? HWA is surprising, because except for some Huawei Smartphones nobody on earthy seems to be using this codec...

In any case, I'll never buy a FiiO product again, immediately after its release. I still hate the fact that my early BTR1 doesn't support AAC, even though FiiO sold it, claiming that it had support for AAC, then later revealing it didn't and then releasing a "v2" of the product, which has all the features, which the first version should have had already. I don't want to pay the full price just to be a beta tester...
Since the BTR3 is more complex with all these codecs, I'll wait for many user reports, who test the compatibility with smartphones, audio players etc., and see which codecs are really working.

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #623 of 803
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 27, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #624 of 803
Jul 27, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #626 of 803
:clap::clap::clap:Coming soon
Hi,

I just bought a uBTR and am looking for a comparison between this and the BTR3. All I’ve seen so far is BTR1 vs BTR3 but not vs. uBTR

Jul 28, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #628 of 803
Because I am likely to clip the BTR3 to my shirt or shirt pocket and I usually use (your) straight cable which means that the cable travels down and then back up which means that BTr3 won't be as secure or comfortable as the btr1.
Agreed, the es100 has the far superior arrangement. Shame FiiO always needs a few versions to figure things out, like how you would wear a clip.

Jul 28, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #629 of 803
I understand, now, why Fiio needs both ports in the same side, but I still do not understand why these could not be pointing upwards, rather than being at the bottom?

Couldn't you have a clip that swivels, one that you can twist around, then people who prefer the outputs at the top are happy as well as those who prefer them at the bottom?

I know Fiio often revises its products to much my chagrin - I bough the BTR1 V1, but sold it as no AAC and I'm only likely to be using not with an iPhone in the near future.

The ES100 looks very interesting, but it has its ports on the side :darthsmile: so I'd really need a right angle plug. It's also nearly twice as much as the BTR3!!! I've also heard reports that the clip is rather flimsy?

Question: Isn't balanced a bit overkill for wireless / Blutooth audio?

Jul 28, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #630 of 803
I understand, now, why Fiio needs both ports in the same side, but I still do not understand why these could not be pointing upwards, rather than being at the bottom?

Couldn't you have a clip that swivels, one that you can twist around, then people who prefer the outputs at the top are happy as well as those who prefer them at the bottom?

I know Fiio often revises its products to much my chagrin - I bough the BTR1 V1, but sold it as no AAC and I'm only likely to be using not with an iPhone in the near future.

The ES100 looks very interesting, but it has its ports on the side :darthsmile: so I'd really need a right angle plug. It's also nearly twice as much as the BTR3!!! I've also heard reports that the clip is rather flimsy?

Question: Isn't balanced a bit overkill for wireless / Blutooth audio?

Since the ES100 also can be used as a usb dac/amp - no. It’s not overkill.

I also have my CIEMs with a balanced cable - like most of my regular iems too and its just nice not have to use an adapter and/or different cable to use them as a headset with the es100. It’s offering more options plus it’s driving them with way more power which is always a good idea even when the transmission is wireless. Properly driven headphones sound better no matter what.

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back