Fii0 E3 Observations
Nov 14, 2008 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rennwerkes

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Fii0 E3 and am totally blown away at what this little amp does for less than $10!
Bass seems much tighter and highs much crisper. Might be imagining things but the bottom line is that I'm enjoying my music much more.
If this little amp does this much can I expect as big a difference if I pick up a Hornet or similar?
Thanks!

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 13
It adds punch to the bass without distortion..

much better solution than EQing.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #5 of 13
Great little thing, with my H340 there's a really noticeable difference and great for the AU$8 it costs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 13
love my e3 too , it adds loads of body to the cowon d2 and tames the trebles on my ultrasones(i cant begin to describe how pleased i am with the sound of my set up)t also makes the battery last even longer.
to avoid those pops i start the d2 with the fiio attached play a track turn the vol to 0 then plug in the cans may be unecessary but makes me feel better
looking forward to the e5
smile.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it worth it to get the e3 for the ksc 75?

or should i wait for the e5 that is coming out soon

I have the koss and yes they are improved by the fiio with my cowon
why not get both the e3 now and e5 in afew weeks you can use the e3 while the e5 is recharging ,thats what im going to do

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 13
I just started listening to mine and I was actually less than pleased - I'm using a Sansa Fuze -> FiiO -> ER4P (I also have a HEADSIX which I love, but I was curious about the FiiO). There were 2 major differences right out of the box by plugging my FiiO in.
1) LOTS more bass, which is nice, the sound warms up a lot
2) Dramtically narrower soundstage - the beautiful clarity and separation I get out of the Fuze -> ER4P or Fuze -> HEADSIX -> ER4P is gone.

Is it possible this thing needs to burn in a bit?

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 13
Oh one other thing - even with all the picture,s I was still not prepared by how small the FiiO is, it's truly incredible.

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #12 of 13
I totaly Agree with AmanGeorge,

Basically I feel that the Fiio e-3 is a good bass booster but at a cost of mid-upper clarity and width of soundstage.
The only source I use them with are my shuffles because the bass boost works well to balance to overpresent highs of the shuffle

Nov 24, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #13 of 13
I like the bass boost so much I need to figure out how to recreate it in Rockbox so I can hear something similar with a LOD going into a Little Dot mk1. As boomy3555 says, the Fiio loses some of the soundstage and mid-upper clarity which the LD mk1 has in spades. Just have to try and figure out the EQ for my iPod Nano mk1. Listening to the latest Beck album through the E3 and KSC75s, I had a big stupid grin on my face for the whole album.
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to buying the E5 as well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back